Back from the Painters !

Zipp2001

Well I got the call yesterday from the painter that my bike was done. So it was off to go pick it up and see how she came out. This is the fifth paint job with Hot Tubes and they have never disappointed me. Now it is just a short wait for my remaining parts to come in so I can finish off this build.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I tried to find a guitar with big flake like that.  The green one was the best I could do. I saw a guitar at an Elton John concert in Vegas, dude had a yellow glitter guitar. Really caught my eye. :nodhead:

As far as your bike, I really like the early views of the purple. I would be happy with that!

Pic doesn't do the green guitar justice as far as the finish and paint.

Capture1.JPG

• Heart 1

On 11/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, Zipp2001 said:

This is the fifth paint job with Hot Tubes

Local guys or you ship it off to them?

It would be neat to see their process, and to hear how you picked the paint as well.  It definitely is unique and cool, so that's awesome - especially as it brings new life to that bike. 

Post the finished product once the build is complete. :)

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Local guys or you ship it off to them?

It would be neat to see their process, and to hear how you picked the paint as well.  It definitely is unique and cool, so that's awesome - especially as it brings new life to that bike. 

Post the finished product once the build is complete. :)

Hot Tubes is about 20 minutes from where I work and is one of the top bike painters in the US. He also does carbon repair work for several big bike brands. Here is a few photos of what it looked like before it went to the painters. I did sell off the spinergy rev-x wheels. It did have few few big paint chips but nothing into the carbon frame. I bought this at a swap meet this summer, been looking for this frame for a bit. 

New Kestrel Bike.jpg

Project Bike 2.jpg

Project Bike 1.jpg

• Awesome 2