Shots Fired !

Zipp2001

• 2 weeks later...

Were you riding IN the game land? In the best of times, I'm suspicious of any folks making split second decisions correctly. Add in guns, and the risk/reward ratio is skewed near infinitely too far to the unsafe side of things.

Glad you made it home alive!

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Were you riding IN the game land? In the best of times, I'm suspicious of any folks making split second decisions correctly. Add in guns, and the risk/reward ratio is skewed near infinitely too far to the unsafe side of things.

Glad you made it home alive!

I don't visit this area to often during hunting season, but I've ridden out here for 9 years. I know the areas that the hunters stick to and I'm on the outer perimeters. They do use the access roads to get to there hunting areas and that's when we see each other. 

14 hours ago, Zipp2001 said:

I don't visit this area to often during hunting season, but I've ridden out here for 9 years. I know the areas that the hunters stick to and I'm on the outer perimeters. They do use the access roads to get to there hunting areas and that's when we see each other. 

At least most cyclists already have hi-viz clothing!  While it won't help you, "I thought he was a deer" will at least make them consider taking away a hunting license any azzhat who takes a shot at you.

• Haha 1

When I was on the Lake Wilhelm trail that really cold day this week I saw no other cyclists and only four walkers. Then I saw two hunters looking for whatever they shot beside the trail down in a ravine. The one guy said I know I hit it, it’s got to be down here somewhere. They were carrying guns but I never heard a shot. I don’t know what they were hunting for because I don’t keep up with what season it is since I don’t hunt anymore. Archery season used to be before thanksgiving but I didn’t see any bows. I might have stopped to talk to them if they hadn’t been in the bottom of the ravine. I needed to keep my speed up to get up the other side of the ravine. Grinding up that steep a grade is sketchy in grandma gear. Trying to keep the front end down while still keeping enough weight on the back wheel to keep from spinning out. It’s better to use your momentum in a higher gear to climb out of it.

• Heart 1