Help Me Out With This...

Razors Edge

Simply because GrrM has a bit of fame attached to his name. The wildcard series is fairly decent, nothing worth any accolades, and has a bunch of authors attached to the series. The needed a big enough name to garner a larger readership is my guess. He was one of the main controlling editors in storyline and development of the world that this is based in.

• Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Simply because GrrM has a bit of fame attached to his name. The wildcard series is fairly decent, nothing worth any accolades, and has a bunch of authors attached to the series. The needed a big enough name to garner a larger readership is my guess. He was one of the main controlling editors in storyline and development of the world that this is based in.

Yeah - I wonder if there are different authors per book or like Thieves World where it was one "editor" but many "authors"?  This Wild Cards looks a little more like one author, and maybe GrrM is there to keep it all together/coherent???  A shame he isn't more at work delivering the GoT final books :(

AsprinThievesWorldVelezCover.jpg

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

isn't more at work delivering the GoT final books

There's a lot of fan theories and as my case, annoyance with GrrM. I've stopped reading and supporting anything he has attached to himself. In general the lack of seeming interest in finishing the books. If your done with them, failed to come up with a good ending, or whatever; just admit it. 

He's too high of an opinion of himself, just read any interviews with people who've had to work with him, he's pretty insufferable. Just admit you got famous for writing a fantastic start but am only a one act pony and need someone else to fucking finish them. There was a great writeup a few years ago, 7 fracking years ago! Here: 

2 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

There's a lot of fan theories and as my case, annoyance with GrrM. I've stopped reading and supporting anything he has attached to himself. In general the lack of seeming interest in finishing the books. If your done with them, failed to come up with a good ending, or whatever; just admit it. 

He's too high of an opinion of himself, just read any interviews with people who've had to work with him, he's pretty insufferable. Just admit you got famous for writing a fantastic start but am only a one act pony and need someone else to fucking finish them.

:D

I'm not reading the last books until they series is COMPLETE.  If that's just two more books, then I'll read them after the 2nd comes out.  I started the series when book five was rumored to be about to come out, and so hit it perfectly with 1-4 still fresh in my mind when it did drop. But I'm no longer "patient" and have no interest in trying to remember (and therefore reread) the series two times prior to 6, and then a long time later 7.  Likely one reread of 1-5 followed by single reads of 6 & 7 once I know six is out and 7 almost on the bookshelves.

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm not reading the last books until they series is COMPLETE. 

I;ve come to this conclusion with him and a few other fantasy authors. Patrick Rothfuss for the KingKiller chronicles. Dammit, 10 years waiting for the trilogy is annoying. His editor said something about him never writing a word of book three since 2014 and then the tweet got deleted. I added him to the don't get your hopes up list a few years ago.