Still messing with my saddles

Longjohn

The Lynskey saddle they sent with my bike was too narrow for my sit bones and it was hard as a rock. I dug through my stash of saddles and found some what would work but not ideal. I tried three different saddles that I already had. Finally decided to order a bi saddle. Advertised to be the most comfortable saddle on the planet. It should be at $250.00. The saddle adjusts width both of nose and back of the saddle and comes with shims to change from flat to curved up or down. It works well on pavement but is too hard on gravel roads. My butt feels like it’s bruised today. I contacted the company and they are going to send me new seat pads. They offered to exchange the saddle for one with the thicker pads or they could just ship me the pads. They said they would ship them out today.

Is that the spongy wonder saddle?  :D

I hate dealing with saddles. I actually loved the Buzz off ti model Fly from Terry. First one $60 back in 05, then $70 in 08, then $80 in 2010. Now they want $160. I just can't get myself to pay it.

I did read about Spoon Charge saddles on another site. They talked about a comfortable saddle for $25. I thought it was a joke but it's real. Though they are narrow, they fit my sit bones like a glove and a bit hard for some I would guess but the fit is good on me so I don't feel the hardness.

I bought on for $26 on ebay, immediately after a second for $28, then a third immediately after that for $32. But still great prices.

Good for my roadies.  I got all 3 on my bikes now. 

And they have a nice reflective strip on the the back side of the saddle.

Maybe not for LJ but somebody else looking for a decent saddle at a good price. :D

20210831_165252.JPG

I was thinking about you and your saddle dilemma this morning when I read this article on BikeRumor.  You need a 3-D printed saddle!!! :D

I run the same saddle across three bikes, and they are each different "vintages" - a 2006, a 2010 or so, and a 2016.  Each is slightly different and feels different to my azz.  I am considering swapping my 2006 (on the MTB) with the 2016 (on my gravel bike), since the newest iteration of the saddle just seems too "spongy" compared to the 2010 on my Tarmac or the original 2006 one.  Or, it could be as much the different posture on a gravel vs the road bike.  Anyway, it is an on-going journey as my body and butt have also evolved over time.

Posedla-custom-3D-printed-padded-carbon-

• Heart 1

While I’m waiting for the new pads to arrive I put one of the other saddles that I tried on but I moved it forward on the rails from where I had it before. Much better now.  When I get the new parts for my bisaddle I’ll have to try moving it forward.

i used to have a Bontrager saddle that I really liked. I had it on my first two Treks. When I bought the next bike I wanted the same saddle but it was discontinued. That’s why I have so many saddles, I keep trying. I only have a couple that were expensive. The one I had on my 520 for awhile and didn’t like it. I took the saddle off my road bike and put the new saddle on my road bike that stays on the trainer. The trainer gives a smooth ride all the time.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:01 AM, Longjohn said:

While I’m waiting for the new pads to arrive I put one of the other saddles that I tried on but I moved it forward on the rails from where I had it before. Much better now.  When I get the new parts for my bisaddle I’ll have to try moving it forward.

i used to have a Bontrager saddle that I really liked. I had it on my first two Treks. When I bought the next bike I wanted the same saddle but it was discontinued. That’s why I have so many saddles, I keep trying. I only have a couple that were expensive. The one I had on my 520 for awhile and didn’t like it. I took the saddle off my road bike and put the new saddle on my road bike that stays on the trainer. The trainer gives a smooth ride all the time.

I agree, make the change like moving it forward. I have a saddle that feels good. But sometimes have to take the chance to see if it is better in another spot. I mark them with black ink to save my spot when I move them. Actually move one of the saddles back and it is super sweet now. I was surprised thinking it was perfect already and almost afraid to move it. Sometimes you gotta! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

I agree, make the change like moving it forward. I have a saddle that feels good. But sometimes have to take the chance to see if it is better in another spot. I mark them with black ink to save my spot when I move them. Actually move one of the saddles back and it is super sweet now. I was surprised thinking it was perfect already and almost afraid to move it. Sometimes you gotta! 

I rode it today with the new pads and the saddle moved up and it was better. I’m going to try to make it work. Once I build my glutes up it should be better. Now I’m riding almost bone on bone.

• Heart 1