Nitric Oxide

Road Runner

Anybody here try it?  If so, did it seem to help you in any way?  Workouts, how you feel, sleep, etc.?

Just curious.  I've been reading stuff on the web, but of course, it's the usual hodge-podge of info along with seller's making their typically over-ambtitous and sometimes ridiculous claims.

I had it for a tooth removal a few years ago. I didn't think it felt like it would help much, but I don't remember having much pain so it probably was more helpful than I thought it would be.

There is a difference in Nitric and Nitrous Oxide.

I assume you are talking about the PO pills?  I have never tried that.

I am slightly familiar with Nitric oxide in a gaseous form used to treat pediatric asthma patients. 

I am slightly familiar with Nitric oxide in a gaseous form used to treat pediatric asthma patients. 

In that case, I'm not 100% sure. It was gas form, tubes to my nose while it was going on.

yeah, about that, I was being a smart ass.  I knew the difference.  I am almost as good at scienceing as I am at mathing, you googly imbecile

• Heart 1

From wiki...

Nitric oxide, or nitrogen oxide,[2] also known as nitrogen monoxide, is a molecule with chemical formula NO. It is a free radical[3] and is an important intermediate in the chemical industry. Nitric oxide is a by-product of combustion of substances in the air, as in automobile engines, fossil fuel power plants, and is produced naturally during the electrical discharges of lightning in thunderstorms.

In mammals including humans, NO is an important cellular signaling molecule involved in many physiological and pathological processes.[4] It is a powerful vasodilator with a short half-life of a few seconds in the blood. Long-known pharmaceuticals such as nitroglycerine and amyl nitrite were discovered, more than a century after their first use in medicine, to be active through the mechanism of being precursors to nitric oxide.

Low levels of nitric oxide production are important in protecting organs such as the liver from ischemic damage.

Nitric oxide should not be confused with nitrous oxide (N2O), an anaesthetic and greenhouse gas, or with nitrogen dioxide (NO2), a brown toxic gas and a major air pollutant. However, nitric oxide is rapidly oxidised in air to nitrogen dioxide. Humphry Davy discovered this to his discomfort, when he inhaled the gas early in his career.

Despite being a simple molecule, NO is an important biological regulator and is therefore a fundamental component in the fields of neuroscience, physiology, and immunology. It was proclaimed “Molecule of the Year” in 1992.[5] Research into its function led to the 1998 Nobel Prize for discovering the role of nitric oxide as a cardiovascular signalling molecule.

Nitric Oxide supplements.  Pill or powder.  Supposed to increase your stamina, sex drive, athletic performance, reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, and improve sleep.

The main reason I am interested is the sleep part.  It's all the rage.  I find it hard to believe that none of you reprobates has tried it.

Here is just one of hundreds that are on the market.

http://www.l-arginine.com/nitric-oxide-no?gclid=COb_3PH9i8ECFURgfgodLSMA3A

Nitrous.

From wiki...

Nitric oxide, or nitrogen oxide,[2] also known as nitrogen monoxide, is a molecule with chemical formula NO. It is a free radical[3] and is an important intermediate in the chemical industry. Nitric oxide is a by-product of combustion of substances in the air, as in automobile engines, fossil fuel power plants, and is produced naturally during the electrical discharges of lightning in thunderstorms.

In mammals including humans, NO is an important cellular signaling molecule involved in many physiological and pathological processes.[4] It is a powerful vasodilator with a short half-life of a few seconds in the blood. Long-known pharmaceuticals such as nitroglycerine and amyl nitrite were discovered, more than a century after their first use in medicine, to be active through the mechanism of being precursors to nitric oxide.

Low levels of nitric oxide production are important in protecting organs such as the liver from ischemic damage.

Nitric oxide should not be confused with nitrous oxide (N2O), an anaesthetic and greenhouse gas, or with nitrogen dioxide (NO2), a brown toxic gas and a major air pollutant. However, nitric oxide is rapidly oxidised in air to nitrogen dioxide. Humphry Davy discovered this to his discomfort, when he inhaled the gas early in his career.

Despite being a simple molecule, NO is an important biological regulator and is therefore a fundamental component in the fields of neuroscience, physiology, and immunology. It was proclaimed “Molecule of the Year” in 1992.[5] Research into its function led to the 1998 Nobel Prize for discovering the role of nitric oxide as a cardiovascular signalling molecule.

We use Nitric oxide to help deliver O2 molecules in some of the restrictive airway diseases. 

Sometimes your best is just not good enough.

Are YOU now getting all sciency and logicy on ME? :D

• Heart 1

I had to snicker at one of those nitric oxide commercials.  They give you 'strips' you can use to test before and after chewing their pill 'to see the results' and 'prove the pill is working'. :rolleyes:

How can the test 'strip' NOT show some sort of change, particularly if it's formulated to react whatever ingredients - perhaps even an inert one - that are in the pill the person just finished chewing?