Gus

jsharr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great rescue! If he was mistreated by people, you may need to be patient with him.

My sister took in a Yorkie-mix young dog about 15 years ago that she named Milo.

She got it through her other dog's groomer, who said the dog had been mistreated.

He was very scared of people - if you yelled at him, his little body began to shake in terror.

When my sister's family would go on vacations, she'd ask me to sleep in her house so the pets wouldn't tear the place up overnight.

Her other dog and her two cats knew me well and would climb into bed with me, but Milo would not - even after a couple years at my sister's house. It took a few years, but eventually he grew to trust people.

Today, Milo is still around, virtually blind and walking stiffly, but knows how to find food, water, the doggie door to the backyard, etc. and still gets around.  Now, he recognizes my voice and rubs up against me when I visit.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Great rescue! If he was mistreated by people, you may need to be patient with him.

My sister took in a Yorkie-mix young dog about 15 years ago that she named Milo.

She got it through her other dog's groomer, who said the dog had been mistreated.

He was very scared of people - if you yelled at him, his little body began to shake in terror.

When my sister's family would go on vacations, she'd ask me to sleep in her house so the pets wouldn't tear the place up overnight.

Her other dog and her two cats knew me well and would climb into bed with me, but Milo would not - even after a couple years at my sister's house. It took a few years, but eventually he grew to trust people.

Today, Milo is still around, virtually blind and walking stiffly, but knows how to find food, water, the doggie door to the backyard, etc. and still gets around.  Now, he recognizes my voice and rubs up against me when I visit.

Our close friends are co founders of this rescue.  They have two former ferals living with them.  Suzie would not leave her corner of the back yard for the longest time, but will now come in the house and tolerate people.  She is still not a cuddly dog, but she sleeps indoors now and will accept the occasional pet.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.