The farm is mine if I want it

AirwickWithCheese

2 hours ago, SamWithCheese said:

I am buckling under the pressure. I have an out if I want it because a few things had to be changed but nothing major.  

Truth is, I'm scared. I've chased this dream for a very long time and now that I have an actual possibility I am caving like a Peruvian mine. 

Wilbur has not given me his blessing. I could use that as my excuse to wimp out I guess. 

It's a lot of work, but I hear life on the farm is kind of laid back ... early to rise, early in the sack.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

When do you have to let them know?

Well, that's the thing. If I hesitate too long they also have an out if someone beats my offer. In Greenville right now that's 90% likely.  

I would guess I have maybe until lunchtime on Thursday if I'm lucky.  

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

This is the dream of a dog camp,for the dogs of young, hip folks who work too much.  It is your passion. Buy the farm. A mortgage only hurts the first few months. 

This one is not the dog camp because it's a little too far away from the Swamp Rabbit Trail. I walked the property today and was told it was last farmed as a cotton and I think they said corn? farm.  

I would have to clear just under 3 acres. I'm thinking specialty organic tomatoes or lavender farm. The water source right now is a 5 gallon a minute well. So I could get a Lassie.   :slow-dance-smiley:

I was thinking 1 dairy cow, 15 or so hens, 6 sheep, 6 goats,  and an organic swimming pool.  I picture it as a Cheese Farm. 

That weasel Hincapie owns a wine vineyard with hotel not too far away. 

• Heart 2

@Airehead, a funny thing. After my reply to you,  I realized you are partly responsible for my cold feet.   :)

I usually send the links of the potential homes to you, Kirby, Wilbur, sometimes RR, but after failing 57 times in a row I believe you are the only 1 for this one. 

I was kind of excited because it reminded me somewhat of Airedale Acres. You said nothing about that so I started questioning everything and listening to Our House. Things started getting complicated and rolling downhill from there.    :(

• Sad 1

So cheese, what is growing on those acres you will have to clear? If it is trees that are not too big you can pull them out with a log chain hooked up to your Hoyt Clagwell. That’s what I had to do to make a space for my garden when I lived on the funny farm. It had last been farmed 25 years before and was taken over by thorn apple trees. If you just cut them down the roots will haunt you for another ten years.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, SamWithCheese said:

This mini farm

Does the farm come with any equipment (tractors, mower, backhoe to dig out tree stumps, etc...)?   If you would need that stuff and they don't sell it with the farm, it could get expensive (assuming you can find the stuff to buy) rather fast.   

Than again... it appears you want to do this...  so get off of the fence and go for it. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Does the farm come with any equipment (tractors, mower, backhoe to dig out tree stumps, etc...)?   If you would need that stuff and they don't sell it with the farm, it could get expensive (assuming you can find the stuff to buy) rather fast.   

Than again... it appears you want to do this...  so get off of the fence and go for it. 

Mr. Haney will make him a good deal on the tractor.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2