It turns out I am not the only one that puts oatmeal in pancakes

Randomguy

14 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Until we add the syrup or jam.

Here was the writeup I saw, they don't actually serve syrup with them at all:

Breakfast By Salt's Cure, a sunny and cheerful new pancakes-all-day spot that opened recently on Morton Street in the West Village. It's the first NYC location of a popular Los Angeles operation, owned by chef Chris Phelps—but Tristan Harrington, the kitchen manager here, promised it would not be the last. "This is our flagship location in New York," Harrington told Gothamist last week. "We're hoping to open two more, probably one in Brooklyn, and one somewhere else."

The pancakes, or Oatmeal Griddle Cakes as they're officially called, are from an old Phelps family recipe, and they are fantastic: slightly crisp around the edges, moist throughout, and available in varieties such as the OG, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Pink Lady Apple, and Banana Nut. Each comes with its own topping, like cinnamon molasses butter, or flax crumble, or toasted walnuts and coconut flakes, but one thing you will not find on any of them is maple syrup.

"No syrup. Ever," Harrington explained. "It's how Chris's grandmother served them originally. The family never ate them with syrup—it's not necessary because they're sweetened a little more than a normal pancake. And there's sugar on top [and] in all of the garnishes. We're not anti-syrup. I grew up in Upstate New York, I love maple syrup, but it's not necessary with these." He's right, too—they are delicious as is.

• Heart 1

I'm cooking up a fresh fruit compote batch on stove right now:  chopped up plums, 2 overly ripe pears, blueberries and some frozen rhubarb.  Ginger root, aniseed and cinnamon used liberally for spice/taste. No sugar in my recipe. Should last me over a wk. Rest I have to freeze.

VERYYYY easy to make. Could use for pancakes, crepes, yogurt.. which is what I do for latter.

• Heart 1