Prayer Request

Zealot

Little background.  She was born with one of the congenital Hand Heart syndromes, Holt Oram Syndrome, I believe. It included the upper limb deformities and a hole in her heart at birth. She had surgery then to repair the hole and has a pacemaker.

As she’s aged, she’s developed asthma and has regular breathing treatments. This autumn has been rough on her. She’s been in and out of the hospital for the past several weeks with severe breathing difficulties and vomiting. She has a 10 day stay in ICU undergoing breathing treatments, tests and steroids. She’d had and ECG done in July which had shown normal. They found severe ulcers in her stomach due to H pilori infection, which they are treating her for. 

She was admitted to emergency again this week. They were initially going to perform a lung CT looking for a pulmonary embolism. In process they performed another ECG and found her heart is under severe stress. They are treating with Lasix currently. Her heart is diseased.

The cardiologist came back in last night and stated that it’s possible that the condition is viral caused and could clear, but he doesn’t believe so. I think that that sparks a glimmer of hope though. 

Its a roller coaster. 

• Hugs 4

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Thanks for the background, I was wondering but didn’t want to ask. This gives me more to pray about, thank you.

Absolutely. You are welcome. We were in a whirlwind yesterday afternoon, so just wanted to get the prayer request out.  

We’re waiting for updates this morning, but it’s been silent so far. 

• Hugs 2

• 9 months later...
17 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Much has transpired since I posted this last year. Long story short, after gaining some ground, things too a turn a few months ago. Her heart failure worsened and the docs started talking transplant again. 

During this time, her family moved back to Reno where our niece saw her original doctor. They life flighted her the Salt Lake City where they decided to keep her until they could put her on the list and a donor became available. They needed to get her pulmonary pressure down so the installed an LVA pump. It worked, the pressures have normalized and they put her on the list late last week.

We just got notified that a donor is available. Things are moving fast.

I ask for prayers for Chloe, her family and for the family of the donor. 

Such a difficult time. 

We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

Prayers for Chloe, her medical team, her family and for the family of the donor.  It's a blessing that something positive can come from a tragedy and I'm sure it brings some comfort to the donor family as well.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1