Baked oatmeal

Airehead

Is it popular in your part of the country?  

I mentioned at work that it was time to make a batch for easy breakfasts since it was a frosty morning. No one in the group of four plus me make it. I guess it is a regional thing.

I will make a slab of pumpkin walnut spice oatmeal and take it for work breakfasts this week.  Picture tomorrow. 

• Awesome 1

Ingredients

Coconut oil or something to grease the pan  set aside  8 by 8 or if double 9 by 13

2 cups rolled oats   Not fast cooking

2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice or any combination of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves  

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling

1 1/4 cup milk of choice this works great with almond milk or oat milk

2 large eggs can sub flax eggs to make egg-free for @Square Wheels

2 teaspoons vanilla

1/3 cup maple syrup or honey

chocolate chips, nuts, raisins or topping of choice. optional  I am going to use chopped walnuts and diced apple this time

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 375℉ degrees. Grease a 8×8 baking dish with oil.

In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.

Add pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup/honey to bowl. Stir to combine.

Spread into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Oatmeal is done baking when it is puffed up on the edges, set in the middle and top is golden.

Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. It will be soft at first but will firm up as it cools. Enjoy warm topped with yogurt, my favorite,  Could also use a splash of milk, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream or simply on its own. Let cool completely and store in fridge for up to 4 days.  Microwave to heat. Probably 39 seconds. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1