Are you living on borrowed time?

Airehead

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I did so many stupid things as my younger self. I think that I have used up all my lives. 

I did enough stupid things when young I'm lucky I made it to 30.  After that, I became less stupid.

The craziest one was sliding down the face of a 50 ft. high vertical dam into 2 feet-deep water to impress a girl named Jane on our last date before I left Maryland to go to grad. school in Chicago.  A college physics professor calculated I was going over 40 mph when I hit the water, where I had been warned to cup my hands over my eyes just before hitting it so the impact wouldn't knock my eyes out of their sockets.  I escaped with a very-slightly bruised back and no cuts!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Actually, riding a bicycle in traffic isn't very safe either!

very true. These days my ride 80% routes are away from car road traffic.  It's very easy...and I can go over 140 km....if I really wanted to. I'm sure within present city I would get temporarily lost. Realistically for me it's up to 50 km ride,  Benefit of living close to major pathway system.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I did so many stupid things as my younger self. I think that I have used up all my lives. 

I would suggest if you do a search on "Florida Man" you'll see that you haven't even gotten close to true stupid, and to be on borrowed time you would have had to up your game to a Florida level long, long ago.  ;)

• Haha 1

I think the dumbest thing I ever did was to spin out in my mg on a back road and come to rest within a few feet of a telephone pole. 
No wait, it was putting my bike brake pads in backwards as a teen, so they went shoosting oot of their holders so I sailed across a busy highway. Both of those incidents make me very happy to be here, so to answer the OP, I guess that makes the answer yes. Hell yes, in fact!

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

There's are people out there that think that the helmet will brake your neck in a crash and that's why they don't wear one. 

Yeah...I've tested a few helmets to failure in my lifetime. Never broke my neck, but never shattered my skull either. I think they're totally worth it.

• Heart 1