Lights and such, wth would you do?

Randomguy

It is the cold and dark season (thanks Kirby! :angry:), a time when normal people aren't riding but really wish they were.  I have these USB lights that I like a lot, so what do I do with them?   Let them run dry and wait until next summer to charge them?  Charge them once a month for the hell of it?

I don't know these things, and don't want to do a proper search online when I can get so many whorific and/or wonderful answers here regarding maintenance of rechargeable lights.

What should I do?

• Heart 1

Charging Best Practices from Fenix Lights

Normally, the golden rule of rechargeable flashlights is to not overdo it. However, Fenix’s lithium-ion batteries include protective circuits that mitigate the risk of overcharging and stifling the batteries life cycle length. A good rule of thumb is to try to keep your battery at around 40% charge when in storage. This minimizes age-related capacity loss while keeping the battery in good operating condition and allowing self-discharge.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Dont you have this backwards? It’s the time of cold & dark… It’s best to ride in the dark WITH the lights.  Keep them charged & on the ready!

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It is the cold and dark season (thanks Kirby! :angry:), a time when normal people aren't riding but really wish they were. 

I did a lunch ride in the nice weather today. I’m working on Arizona time so it’s an hour behind here at the moment. When it gets cold enough for cold gear, that may not be an option at lunch. I will have to do a gravel ride in the dark at that point. I did them last winter before my Covid bout and I enjoyed it, though I can’t wait to do evening rides in AZ instead!

• Heart 2