My name is smudge, and I'm a Yooper

smudge

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Ha. I heard Silverados don't have their numbers :(  I'm now in the market for a  Malibu, unless features are not included. Glad the truck worked for you.

I am so glad to see SOMEONE buying a car instead of a truck. Yay!  My nephew really liked the fambly Malibu, so it basically became his. :)

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Does it have a heated steering wheel. 
I am glad you found joy. We have missed you. 

I would actually rather have a cooled steering wheel!  
I guess any kind of cover would help limit the solar  radiation. I guess I need to use the sun thinghy for the windshield, but that is a pain. A simple steering wheel cover would be a lot more convenient.  

12 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I would actually rather have a cooled steering wheel!  
I guess any kind of cover would help limit the solar  radiation. I guess I need to use the sun thinghy for the windshield, but that is a pain. A simple steering wheel cover would be a lot more convenient.  

Turn the wheel upside down after you park. ;) 

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Well, it hasn't happened yet :unsure:

Makes you wonder if there will be a new model by the time they turn the assembly line back on for the one you like.  Probably have heated seats, bluetooth, and all sorts of auto-drive tech in the new model.

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Makes you wonder if there will be a new model by the time they turn the assembly line back on for the one you like.  Probably have heated seats, bluetooth, and all sorts of auto-drive tech in the new model.

By then they might have perfected the cars that fly. Who needs a truck when you can get a flying car?

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I believe the assembly line is up as of November 1st. I honestly don't want tech like blue tooth. But its there :wacko:

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

am or fm, or CD once in great while.

I don’t like radio, they talk to much and there are commercials and you have no control over what they play. I have playlists on my phone or I can even play my whole library on shuffle if I was driving across the country. If I put on a playlist of say folk music, after the list has played out Apple Music will start playing folk music without saying a word. Same thing with whatever type of music I pick or I can select any music in the world and Apple Music will play it. If I get a phone call I don’t have to touch my phone to answer it (usually a doctors office these days.) If I want to make a call (very seldom but it has happened) I just say hey Siri call Ben. Now I could do that without blue teeth but I would still have to take my eye off the road to hit the speaker button. (Come to think of it owl bet Siri could do that for me, owl have to try that sometime).

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t like radio, they talk to much and there are commercials and you have no control over what they play. I have playlists on my phone or I can even play my whole library on shuffle if I was driving across the country. If I put on a playlist of say folk music, after the list has played out Apple Music will start playing folk music without saying a word. Same thing with whatever type of music I pick or I can select any music in the world and Apple Music will play it. If I get a phone call I don’t have to touch my phone to answer it (usually a doctors office these days.) If I want to make a call (very seldom but it has happened) I just say hey Siri call Ben. Now I could do that without blue teeth but I would still have to take my eye off the road to hit the speaker button. (Come to think of it owl bet Siri could do that for me, owl have to try that sometime).

I'm not much of a music listener unless I'm driving for a distance. My work commute is 10 minutes. All new vehicles have blue tooth, and also usb ports. I could load up a flash drive.