LAJ Volume III

Parsnip Totin Jack

So LAJ called Wo7 last night with some news. He has a lady friend. They met online in April. She is 50, he is 64. She lives in Orlando and has been up to Ohio twice to see him. She wants him to move in with her. She is aware that he has no money and is in poor health but feels that he would get better care in FL.  She offered to help him get a kidney transplant. She is going back to Ohio soon to spend two weeks together. Wo7 doesn’t know what to think. It removes her from the caregiver role that she’s had. But he loses Medicaid when he leaves OH and will have to apply when he gets to FL. Stay tuned, for the next episode of LAJ. 

• Heart 2
  • Confused 2
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

She must be really hard up.

That was my thought. I don’t see what she hopes to get out of this arrangement. My fear is that he will move to Florida, she will tire of his bullshit, and kick him to the curb. Then what? Wo7 will have to go through the whole process to get him into Assisted Living somewhere that is covered by Medicaid. I see no plus to any outcome. 

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

he should make sure he qualifies for Florida medicaid before moving, but it sounds like LAJ's not big on planning.

LAJ has a TEAM that takes care of that stuff.  He seems more a big picture guy who lets the staff handle the minor stuff like the details.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

If it was Cleveland, that would be a big plus. In Cincinnati you can get Skyline Chili plus the Ohio River has never caught fire.

Cleveland is a wonderland of Earthly delights!

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is that a fact? Or more likely, it just was never burning as spectacularly as other river fires in Ohio?

I haven't spent much time in Cincinnati, but a lot of people have expressed reasonable-sounding opinions of it.  

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Last trip there was in January 2020. Driving a Jeep. Towing a UHaul trailer. In an ice storm. Fond memories. 

That's a beautiful time of the year, isn't it?  You sure got lucky being able to visit during peak beauty.

5 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

But that is nothing!  I think bob has the most likely answer. 

Any insurance company that gives life insurance to LAJ deserves to go down in financial ruin.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

That's a beautiful time of the year, isn't it?  You sure got lucky being able to visit during peak beauty.

Any insurance company that gives life insurance to LAJ deserves to go down in financial ruin.

I don’t think the Joe Namath and Tom Selleck life insurance company would issue a policy on LAJ. They might with the clause that says they don’t have to pay in case of death or something.

• Haha 3