It is windy again.

sheep_herder

We've had a several days of high winds.  For the first time on Sunday evening, I wore a coat while putting the garbage out for collection.

I couldn't feel a draft, but it was cold near my double-hung windows where I had forgotten to use the window locks to maximize the closure.

A couple times, I heard noises due to wind whistling around the corner of the house that I couldn't identify until I tracked them down - a new sound for me.

15 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I know it’s a good ways from where you are @sheep_herder, but at my last job, I worked on a large project in Hamilton.  Would love to live out there.

Yep, nice place. My wife use to attend some fiber and livestock shows there, and still corresponds with some of the folks. I enjoyed the few times I've been there.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Yep, nice place. My wife use to attend some fiber and livestock shows there, and still corresponds with some of the folks. I enjoyed the few times I've been there.

The book that ignited a passion in me for reading when I was a child took place on a Christmas Tree farm in the outskirts of Missoula. Fell in love with the place simply in my imagination. 😊 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The book that ignited a passion in me for reading when I was a child took place on a Christmas Tree farm in the outskirts of Missoula. Fell in love with the place simply in my imagination. 😊 

We like the forested areas, but my work did not take us to those places on a permanent basis. We have a bit of forested land south of here, but it is mainly rangeland. Doubt we'll move anytime soon.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

We like the forested areas, but my work did not take us to those places on a permanent basis. We have a bit of forested land south of here, but it is mainly rangeland. Doubt we'll move anytime soon.

Me too! The more wooded, the better. We bought our home 25/26 years ago and it was mostly woods, orchards and farm land around us. Sadly this is changing and it’s mostly high density housing and businesses moving in.  We debate moving.  We love our home though.  

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Me too! The more wooded, the better. We bought our home 25/26 years ago and it was mostly woods, orchards and farm land around us. Sadly this is changing and it’s mostly high density housing and businesses moving in.  We debate moving.  We love our home though.  

South of here, a very nice double wide sits on the SE end in a grove of Ponderosa Pine with sagebrush grassland to the north on 350 acres. We can escape when we need to.

• Awesome 1