Well that's new

goldendesign

I am sure you will adapt your shuffle...practice when the little one is around..she can help with the 52 pick up part of the deal...

It also may improve with time..over the years there have been guys in my building who had hand injuries...and they did ok...

If all else fails..there is also a shuffling machine.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Was at the "Dads" poker meetup in our neighborhood last night. The partial thumb, plus half finished scar tissue, makes it impossible for me to shuffle I found out in rather spectacular way when I confidently took my turn at shuffling and ended up fanning most of the cards across the table in an awkward 52-card pickup 

I am sure you laughed and pulled it off in a fun way, you are able to roll with things pretty well!

• Heart 2

One of the bosses at work was working on a project at home and came to work the next day missing one thumb just past the nail. He never made a big deal out of it. I was impressed. The union guys would take off at least six months of work for something like that. Well I guess it’s different if it happens at home.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Was at the "Dads" poker meetup in our neighborhood last night. The partial thumb, plus half finished scar tissue, makes it impossible for me to shuffle I found out in rather spectacular way when I confidently took my turn at shuffling and ended up fanning most of the cards across the table in an awkward 52-card pickup 

Time to attend magic school and get some training on card manipulation.  Everything can be overcome with the right attitude.

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

I guess I miss a lot. What’s up with your thumb?

He was out on a bike ride, decide to wreck, and forgot to remove his thumb from between the brake lever and the bar before he decided to drive the lever into a guardrail.  Or something like that.  The end of his thumb died and he entertained us for weeks with 'rotting flesh' pics.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

He was out on a bike ride, decide to wreck, and forgot to remove his thumb from between the brake lever and the bar before he decided to drive the lever into a guardrail.  Or something like that.  The end of his thumb died and he entertained us for weeks with 'rotting flesh' pics.

Ouch!

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Better than I could describe it.

@Zealot I ended up losing a bit over half an inch plus the new tip is a bit lopsided as it scars properly.