So no one here has ever mentioned the lightning bolt...

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

Lightning Bolt is an American noise rock duo from Providence, Rhode Island, composed of Brian Chippendale on drums and vocals and Brian Gibson on bass guitar. The band met and formed in 1994 as students of the Rhode Island School of Design. Lightning Bolt were listed 8th in Metacritic's Artists of the Decade 2000–09. 

Lightning Bolt is the tenth studio album by the American rock band Pearl Jam. Produced by long-time Pearl Jam collaborator Brendan O'Brien, the album was released in the United States on October 15, 2013, through the band's own Monkeywrench Records, with Republic Records handling the international release one day earlier.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I had before. While a POW my dad shared stories of seeing the Lightning Bolts flying over Changhi Prison.  Seeing the distinctive American plane gave him hope the war would end soon.  It was his favorite WWII plane and so is mine as well.

3062066A-1B01-42B2-9E8F-09B8BAE834D3.jpeg.22c5ee8380259fec9f31a8e5ef53f128.jpeg

I loved all those planes for different reasons, and built a ton of models when there were such things.  My favorite was the Corsair for some reason, I like the odd-looking ones best.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Cool to think he could have been flying one of the P38’s my dad saw. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I know that Loisel was involved when Lindbergh worked with the P38s in the Pacific to extend their range.

https://www.ozatwar.com/ozatwar/lindbergh.htm

https://acepilots.com/usaaf_loisel.html

• Thank You 1

• Solution

The bolt signifies speed, I think.  It allows frequent sayings, phrases or sentences to be stored and selected as needed.  So if many of us were in the habit of saying something like, "This thread is worthless without pics" and we stored it, like SW stored, "This is the best place ever", you could just click on it instead of typing it out each time you wanted to use it.  Kind of unnecessary for just one or two words, but for phrases and sentences we use all the time, it might be a very nice feature.    :)

So far, I haven't been able to come up with much that we say a lot that would warrant the use of this function.  Maybe you have a suggestion or two?

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

The bolt signifies speed, I think.  It allows frequent sayings, phrases or sentences to be stored and selected as needed.  So if many of us were in the habit of saying something like, "This thread is worthless without pics" and we stored it, like SW stored, "This is the best place ever", you could just click on it instead of typing it out each time you wanted to use it.  Kind of unnecessary for just one or two words, but for phrases and sentences we use all the time, it might be a very nice feature.    :)

So far, I haven't been able to come up with much that we say a lot that would warrant the use of this function.  Maybe you have a suggestion or two?

BMBM

should be there n that list 

18 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I loved all those planes for different reasons, and built a ton of models when there were such things.  My favorite was the Corsair for some reason, I like the odd-looking ones best.

My son has a Corsair model he built... that was some good father-son bonding time (we sat and worked together; I was working on a Chevelle model)

RE the lightning bolt - er... I don't get it?