A question for the foodies

jsharr

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Eggs are not on the list. My son blew up our microwave trying to hard boil an egg.

When my son was little he made microwave Mac & cheese but forgot to add the water & caught the packaging on fire. Mom, Dad, fiiiiiiiiiire!!!!!!! 

Scary for about 30 seconds but we got a good laugh afterwards. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

When I was dating my wife, she got a new microwave.  I was at her place watching a Stars game and must have set the microwave wrong when trying to make popcorn.  Caught the bag on fire.  Smelled like death warmed over and permanently stained the inside of her new microwave yellow.  I spent a lot of time scrubbing it with abrasive cleanser to try and get it white again.

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

When I was dating my wife, she got a new microwave.  I was at her place watching a Stars game and must have set the microwave wrong when trying to make popcorn.  Caught the bag on fire.

Did that while house sitting many many years ago. Only it was a potato for a baked potato. Was drinking rather heavily that day and hit the wrong setting and forgot about it. When I remembered the potato was 1/20th and basically just the skin and smoke

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Did that while house sitting many many years ago. Only it was a potato for a baked potato. Was drinking rather heavily that day and hit the wrong setting and forgot about it. When I remembered the potato was 1/20th and basically just the skin and smoke

I’m fairly certain my wife did that with chicken she was thawing. She claimed she set it right and it malfunctioned. Burned up chicken doesn’t smell very good. She wanted me to throw away the microwave and go buy a new one. I cleaned up the mess and tried heating water and it worked fine. It did smell funny every time you used the microwave for a couple weeks. It never malfunctioned again but she bought a new one anyway and gave that one away.

• Awesome 1