Lousy Sleep Saturday..how you doing?

petitepedal

Got 3 loads of laundry going..and making Mes Kelly's Chai tea...got another load to start..but I don't  like to do more than 3 at a time:wacko:

Need to spend more time taming the paper dragon today...and hope to go hunting for faux lighted white branches....I have plans to get rid of my 2 smaller trees..if I find branches :D

• Heart 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Got 3 loads of laundry going..and making Mes Kelly's Chai tea...got another load to start..but I don't  like to do more than 3 at a time:wacko:

Need to spend more time taming the paper dragon today...and hope to go hunting for faux lighted white branches....I have plans to get rid of my 2 smaller trees..if I find branches :D

Don’t the smaller trees you are getting rid of have branches? Do you know how to use a rattlecan? Mark as solved.

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

OMG...do I have clothes to wash after being gone last weekend...next time I dog sit..I am bringing my laundry :frantics:

But you can play three machines at a time. How long could it take? When I was single I found I couldn’t keep up with the folding if I ran three machines at a time.

5 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

We had pancakes then went to the paint store to have the can shaken up. Wall has two coats of paint. I blew leaves around the yard. 

A Benjamin Moore paint store closed with the store having a full inventory. The people that bought the building wanted that inventory gone so they had a clearance sale. $5 a gallon any paint in the store. As the paint got picked over and the most desirable paint was gone they dropped the price. Each day they dropped it more. The last time I stopped in they were selling paint fifty cents a gallon and cans of tint for a quarter. I bought some tint to tone down some of the yucky colors I just bought. The guy asked me if I would like the machine that adds the tint and the shaker. He was going to give it to me. I bet that stuff cost a lot to buy if you need it. I didn’t need it.

• Heart 1

I slept pretty good last night, till about 5:45. What was unusual was that BuffCarla woke at 6 and talked my ear off until 7. It was sweet, but she hardly ever talks in the early morning. When my brother and I left for the farmers market at 9:30, she was still in bed, but up when we got home at 11:30 she was up and sipping coffee. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My poor older brother. After driving 700 miles to help the piano movers yesterday, they canceled cause their truck wasn’t working. So he drives 300 miles to stay with us. 
So today, the two of us walked to the farmers market. I got credit for 4.3 miles and almost 9000 steps. Here’s the kicker. He forgot to put on his Fitbit, so he got no miles and no steps. He’s out walking now, while I’m taking a nap with BuffCarla. 

• Heart 1

Just now, BuffJim said:

My poor older brother. After driving 700 miles to help the piano movers yesterday, they canceled cause their truck wasn’t working. So he drives 300 miles to stay with us. 
So today, the two of us walked to the farmers market. I got credit for 4.3 miles and almost 9000 steps. Here’s the kicker. He forgot to put on his Fitbit, so he got no miles and no steps. He’s out walking now, while I’m taking a nap with BuffCarla.  This makes me feel cozy and amused  

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

So today, the two of us walked to the farmers market. I got credit for 4.3 miles and almost 9000 steps. Here’s the kicker. He forgot to put on his Fitbit, so he got no miles and no steps. He’s out walking now, while I’m taking a nap with BuffCarla. 

Doesn’t fit bit let you upload manually? Strava does, if  you are with someone that records and you didn’t you can add it manually.

I woke up around 7:00. Pulled the old carpet out of my office. The built-in pudding was disintegrating into yellow dust! Vacuumed it up and started laying the vinyl planking. 4 boxes done. 2 to go. Giving my knees a little break before hitting it again. Former employer is having a thank you dinner for me tonight. 

• Awesome 3

So my neighbor and I went looking..my mission was white lighted twig lights...she wanted an advent wreath. We got both..however mine are being returned..at $40..if it ain't  what I want..I want my $$$$ back :D We also  went to menards ...the midwest version of Lowe's or home depot..and Trader Joes... just chilling tonight.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

So my neighbor and I went looking..my mission was white lighted twig lights...she wanted an advent wreath. We got both..however mine are being returned..at $40..if it ain't  what I want..I want my $$$$ back :D We also  went to menards ...the midwest version of Lowe's or home depot..and Trader Joes... just chilling tonight.

Shop till you drop. Gotta train for Black Friday.

Got my hair cut this AM and then went to the adjacent mall.  Nice to see there was some activity although not big holiday crowds yet.  They had a Santa photo section which they didn't have last year, so that's nice to see. They also had peppermint shakes at Chick Fil A !

6 hours ago, BuffJim said:

My brother is streaming his son playing Wheelchair Basketball for Univ of Illinois this afternoon against Arizona. U of I could be #1 in the nation if they win today and his son is one of the top players. That’s his son, adopted from India with a destroyed thigh, not sure if from a human or a wild animal. He endured a very painful surgery, and can walk, but not real well. 

image.png

That is awesome that your brother adopted a handicap child from India and now he’s going to university. Good looking kid too.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

That is awesome that your brother adopted a handicap child from India and now he’s going to university. Good looking kid too.

He and his wife also adopted 3 Korean siblings who are now between 14 and 21. By the way, U of Illinois won the wheelchair Bball game today. 

• Awesome 1