Dearth of real brooms

Allen

And real string mops. Can’t find either in town. All the store have are thin aluminum poles with an oversized dish sponge hot glued to the end. Brooms are just as sad. 
What happened to proper broom straw brooms and string mops? I want string mop that looks like an angora sheep on the end of a pole. And a broom handle should be made of wood and thick enough to be a pry bar if need be. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Go to a janitorial supply store, they have it all.

This. ^^^ 

We found spray bottles at janitorial supply. Lowe’s here has straw brooms. I’ve started using a “spin mop” on the vinyl flooring, though. A proper mop bucket is too big to keep in the utility area of the garage. The spin bucket keeps my hands out of the vinegar cleaning solution. 

We used to have a blind guy come to the door about every other year and sell us a corn broom made by blind people. They do good work, not sure how they manage. Maybe they are legally blind but still have some vision. My sister in law is legally blind and still drives a car. I wonder if anyone is illegally blind?

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We used to have a blind guy come to the door about every other year and sell us a corn broom made by blind people. They do good work, not sure how they manage. Maybe they are legally blind but still have some vision. My sister in law is legally blind and still drives a car. I wonder if anyone is illegally blind?

I was considered legally blind without my glasses on because my good eye was around 20/400.  They fixed that with the cataract surgery.  Now I'm slowly going blind with or without my glasses.

Fortunately for the last couple of years it's been progressing very slowly.  I should get another few years out of these eyes after all.

Knock on wood.

• Hugs 2