What are the odds

KrAzY

That time travel has been invent years ago, but they have not perfected location adjustment? 
I mean.. they can travel to any place in time, but with the earths rotation, they are not able to keep moving along with it thoughout time. The traveler either drifts off into space or into the core of the earths crust. 
They could have perfectly timed the stop to end-up on the earths crust, but that would only leave them a couple of precise moments in time they could stop and be ok, but can not just pick and choose times. 

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

That time travel has been invent years ago,

How else did the writers for Back to the Future, know that the Cubs would win the World Series?    

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

but they have not perfected location adjustment? 

You are correct... they missed by one year.  

Yeah... what are the odds of that???    They had to know....

11 hours ago, KrAzY said:

That time travel has been invent years ago, but they have not perfected location adjustment? 
I mean.. they can travel to any place in time, but with the earths rotation, they are not able to keep moving along with it thoughout time. The traveler either drifts off into space or into the core of the earths crust. 
They could have perfectly timed the stop to end-up on the earths crust, but that would only leave them a couple of precise moments in time they could stop and be ok, but can not just pick and choose times. 

Yeah, I always chuckled at this sort of conundrum.  Gotta hope, if you can figure out the impossible math for time travel, you can figure out the slightly easier math to move when and where you want to be. It is why wormholes at least keep it simple - go in here, come out there, and time doesn't matter. With a relative fixed entrance/exit point, you at least know you're going to end up near where you expect.  I guess those too could be "fixed" in place, and as the universe expands, the location would stay put, so we would see it as moving????

Regardless, Doctor Who never had problems with time or distance, so we have that as a goal.

• Heart 2