Not sure why I wanted to dislike this

Square Wheels

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It is a beautiful song.  I am undecided on this cover though. 

I'm trying to be kinder and more accepting.  What if it weren't a woman saying I can do it better than they did, or better than anyone else, but just a person sharing with us their interpretation and playing to the best of their abilities at that time?  Not knocking your comment at all.

I played this a few years ago.  Is it good, not at all.  I was happy with it seeing as how I rarely play.  At this point I might pick up my guitar 10 or 15 minutes a month.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm trying to be kinder and more accepting. 

I didn't think my comment projected either a negative or positive comment.  When I listen to it again though, it is stretching the top end of her vocal range. Being she said she was working arrangements for a show, I suspect she is more than a hobby artist.  She could rework this to better suit her vocal range. 

Not my favourite cover but, good for her. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I didn't think my comment projected either a negative or positive comment.  When I listen to it again though, it is stretching the top end of her vocal range. Being she said she was working arrangements for a show, I suspect she is more than a hobby artist.  She could rework this to better suit her vocal range. 

Not my favourite cover but, good for her. 

Not knocking your comment at all.

Also, I didn't read that she was playing this as part of a gig, I assumed it was just a hobby player like me.

26 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I remember a comment by Alex that went something like, first, you practice your 10,000 hours, then you're ready to join your first band.

That's about 5 years of playing 8 hours a day to be considered competent.  My finger are bleeding just thinking about that.

I never wanted to be that good or famous.

Neither did I.  I have a T-shirt from the Vapour Trails tour that says "Failed Musician" on the front.  Alex gave it to me and it still gets a laugh from people when I wear it. 

• Heart 1