The annual Thanksgiving camping trip

Parr8hed

Looks like it may be chilly.  Friday has a high of 37.  Low of 21.  Gonna use some faar wood that day.  The only day that I am really iffy on is Thursday.  It is supposed to be raining.  I can handle a little rain and a little cold, I just don't want to set up in the rain.  

We will get up early and drive up to set up the camper, then drive home to have dinner with her family and my family, then drive back up to the campsite after dinner.  Hopefully I have time to warm up and dry out before lunch.  

• Heart 4

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

sweet, be safe :)

We usually try to.  Although it seems like at least one night of the trip I might get a little loose!  Probably not this time though.  

Got a lot to do tomorrow.  Get out the camper, clean it up a little, fill the propane, pack the truck up, hitch it up, put a shit ton of faar wood in the bed....

I need a nap just thinking about it.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

12 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

The annual Thanksgiving camping trip

Have you considered having @jsharr and his crew cater it and run it for you this year? 

From what I can tell, if you put it in his hands, you just have to show up and relax around the fire.  It's like glamping, but stepped up a few notches more! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Do you have room in your camper for your Peloton? If not bring your bicycle and rain gear.

No room for that.  I will take a MTB with me.  There are really awesome trails at Brown County.  Not sure I will ride them or not.  G and I are to play disc golf one day.  And the wife and I will probably hike a bit on the trails.  

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Have you considered having @jsharr and his crew cater it and run it for you this year? 

From what I can tell, if you put it in his hands, you just have to show up and relax around the fire.  It's like glamping, but stepped up a few notches more! 

I think we will do ok on the cooking. :D

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I am not saying we would turn you away though!

I thought of you this weekend when one of my bourbon swilling buddies posted a picture at midnight yell at Texas A&M saying he is not supposed to be awake that late.  I asked him if they made caffienated bourbon.  So do they?  If not, why not?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

We usually try to.  Although it seems like at least one night of the trip I might get a little loose!  Probably not this time though.  

Got a lot to do tomorrow.  Get out the camper, clean it up a little, fill the propane, pack the truck up, hitch it up, put a shit ton of faar wood in the bed....

I need a nap just thinking about it.  

I thought you had people to do that kind of stuff for you. 

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I thought you had people to do that kind of stuff for you. 

Not quite.  I don't mind getting stuff out and setting up.  Pretty fun, adds to the excitement.  Now putting it all away is a different story.  

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I thought of you this weekend when one of my bourbon swilling buddies posted a picture at midnight yell at Texas A&M saying he is not supposed to be awake that late.  I asked him if they made caffienated bourbon.  So do they?  If not, why not?

Can't add anything to bourbon or it isn't bourbon anymore.  You can add bourbon to mountain dew though!

• Heart 3

7 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Not quite.  I don't mind getting stuff out and setting up.  Pretty fun, adds to the excitement.  Now putting it all away is a different story.  

Can't add anything to bourbon or it isn't bourbon anymore.  You can add bourbon to mountain dew though!

Dear God that would be a waste of bourbon.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Add a splash of AHA carbonated seltzer to the bourbon.  I suggest lime.  Aha Citrus Green Tea Cans, 12 fl oz, 8 Pack

• Heart 2