Aside from RoadRunner’s son, who else uses a robot vacuum?

MoseySusan

5 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Would one of these make a good Christmas present for someone I know who likes a tidy house and likes gadgets? It seems like a reasonable intersection of the two preferences. Unless, it doesn’t keep the floor tidy or it’s a persnickety gadget. 

I heard a horror story where a dog pooped in the house and the roomba then spread it all over.  Long shot, but bad news!

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

My wife & I have considered getting one.  We have Smokey over 2-3 times a week and his hair is everywhere.  We also put down mats at the doorways but we seem to track a lot of outside inside still. 

Having installed LVT throughout we can let it roam the house.  

Copious amounts of dog hair is why my son and his wife use one.  I have no personal knowledge of how well it works, but I suspect it must be somewhat effective or they wouldn't bother.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Would one of these make a good Christmas present for someone I know who likes a tidy house and likes gadgets? It seems like a reasonable intersection of the two preferences. Unless, it doesn’t keep the floor tidy or it’s a persnickety gadget. 

My neighbour has 5 of them.  1 in use and 4 in various states of repair.  Apparently Golden Retrievers hair can choke them out! :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

I do.  We have one, it works well and is nice to turn on when I am at work.  We have to make sure all the chairs around the table before we start.

They do not work as well as me pushing a vacuum around, but I will admit we vacuum more often with it than we did with our regular vacuum

• Heart 1