59 years

sheep_herder

7 hours ago, Airehead said:

Happy Anniversary.  Share some great memories and advice. 

Patience on both sides is a blessing.

One memory that I'll never forget was made in the mid-60s in Fort Collins, Colorado, at Christmas time. Three of us plus a dog and cat lived in a 43x8' mobile home. One year we bought our daughter a bean bag chair. On Christmas eve we decided to soften the chair up a bit by removing some of the styrofoam beads. Remember, we are in Colorado with low humidity. Soon we and the small living room were covered in styrofoam beads. Yes. we finally got them cleaned up, but we were laughing so hard that we were afraid we would wake Jalene. She was the type of child, that even if she woke, she would just smile and not say a word.

I've mentioned before that my wife is very independent. When living in Brookings, South Dakota, she decided it was time to get some sheep to graze on the small property we were renting. While I was away working in the field, she found some sheep for sale. She talked our landlord into going to the bank with her and helping her borrow $500. Then she contacted one of the students that worked with me to go with her, help selecting the sheep, and then truck them to our house. When I got home on Friday evening I found 25 ewes in the barn. That was how we got into the sheep business.

I could go on, but suffice it to say the 59 years has been full of these little adventures.

• Awesome 2