Well, That was Ruined

Mr. Beanz

One of my very few pet peeves. :lol:

I am always so broken hearted. I drink a lot of ice water because I do not care for too much more as far as taste. I loved soda but gave it up about 6 years ago after listening to the warnings all over the net. Yeah, can not be too good for me. I hate beer, yuck! I have tried and sorry, but it sucks! I can drink iced tea but never really cared for it so I only drink it when we go out to eat. Sometimes can actually be not too bad with certain foods. Mexican dish, enchiladas and a few others.

But at a BBQ joint? I can drink the tea and almost enjoy it but then a bite of a BBQ, sandwich, rib, chicken, the drink is toast. Might as well be drinking the water gathered at the bottom of a wet down ashtray.

I hate when that happens. :blink:

Am I the only one? 

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Drink sweet tea with lemon then.  

Ah yes, forgot to mention, I have to avoid sugar. Avoiding sugar and medication. BBQ is actually a no no but who in the world can say no to occasional BBQ?  But yeah, that tea is good. I forgot the details. But lemon, it is ok but tastes bitter in tea if unsweetened.

The bottled Lipton, sweetened with lemon is great but I must avoid the sugar, and that stuff, I can down a bottle in 30 seconds. :lol:

48 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Aquired tastes I guess.  

Sweetened Iced tea is OK but unsweetened ice tea not so much.  Had to drink it a lot in the south so you get used to it I guess.

Now beer may suck to you but you may be the minority opinion on that matter here. 

Yep - some beers sucks. I find some tasty. Some meh.

I only drink iced tea if it is about the only option.  It's not awful, just very low on my list of drinks. My drinking, by volume, would be plain water, bubbly water, coffee, beer, and then milk.  Pretty much nothing else (chocolate milk or hot chocolate fall under milk), but on occasion, wine, soda or even rarer iced or regular tea will squirm their way in there.  Add in "smoothies" which are as much a meal as a drink, and that about covers it for me.

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

A whole mess of southerners would disagree with you.  I personally find their sweet tea too sweet but it is a thing down there. 

When I lived further south, sometimes that would be the ONLY available drink offered - sweet tea.  :(  Not a good situation.  Back then, I would have preferred Coke or Mt Dew :D

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

A whole mess of southerners would disagree with you.  I personally find their sweet tea too sweet but it is a thing down there. 

McDonald's has had that sweet tea for $1. Gina has gone to McD's  just to get it. I like it but it's too much of a teaser for me. Those medium (?) cups, one drink and it is gone.

This is my ice water mug I carry around. I drink about 10 per day so those little cups are just teasers to wet my lips. :P

20211123_144547.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

McDonald's has had that sweet tea for $1. Gina has gone to McD's  just to get it. I like it but it's too much of a teaser for me. Those medium (?) cups, one drink and it is gone.

This is my ice water mug I carry around. I drink about 10 per day so those little cups are just teasers to wet my lips. :P

20211123_144547.jpg

10 of those per day!  Wow, I wouldn't even drink one of those a day.  I drink on avg two plastic water bottles a day at work, a large glass of water with dinner. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

When I lived further south, sometimes that would be the ONLY available drink offered - sweet tea.  :(  Not a good situation.  Back then, I would have preferred Coke or Mt Dew :D

When I worked for that firm out of Memphis and we had lunch in the executive dining room, they served coffee from Labor Day to Memorial Day, sweet tea from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  No other options… 

But damn the food was exquisite!