Let the celebration begin.

Digital_photog

2 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

smoker was started at 8:30 this morning. With the wind it is a little hard to predict when it will be done.  I expect somewhere between 8 and 12 hours.  Probably closer to 12

Oh man that’s gonna be tasty!  12 hour cook time, so when do plan to eat, today or tomorrow? 

20 minutes ago, groupw said:

Looks a lot like my smoker. Masterbuilt?

I've seen many similar with different names on them.  I think different stores put their own name on them.  This one came from Gander Mountain about 30 years ago.  Not sure how much longer it will last. Some parts are getting very rusty. Not outdoors to look at the name right now.  It has smoked thousands of pounds of meat.

• Heart 1

Started cooking last night, pureed the pumpkin, banana bread, Vegan brownies, some apple thing Sr. Wife was making

We had ordered a fresh turkey from the Amish Market, they screwed up our order, no turkey for us. 

Then someone dropped off a bunch of fresh turkeys at the church food bank.  We already distributed a lot of frozen ones, most people coming in unsolicited don't have the means to cook a turkey, fresh turkeys don't last long, so one came home with us.  Turkey for us.

• Heart 3

8.5 hours later they are done.  Just removed them from the smoker and wrapped them in aluminum foil.  I stole a piece of wing and it is very good. The skin tasted a little salty from the tender quick meat cure.  After feeding the animals we will carve them off the bones and get them in the roaster and ready for tomorrow.  Supper for us will be wings and other meat scraps left over from the nice pieces.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1