Parents' Ages

Mr. Beanz

Assuming they are still alive, how old? Or how old were they? Just strikes my curiosity as I read other replies in the "those were the days my friend" thread. My dad played that song over and over and over.  Someone mentioned making a recording for their father, mine passed away. So I wonder how old they were, almost a comparison thought like "my dad was 30 when this came out, vs another who might have been 35, but still living (?).

My mom is 82 and still living. My Dad was 79 and passed away about 3 years ago. He was one month shy of 80. I'm 58.........and a half. :P

• Heart 1

Mom just turned 90. She enjoyed the celebration. Dad would be 92 but he passed at 76. Both of my grandfathers and my Dad’s brother died in their 40’s. Grandfathers passed from a heart attack and a stroke. Dad and his brother Norman passed from cancer. Norman was older and served in WWII, 82nd Airborne and was part of the DDay offensive. We like to say, that’s why it’s called Normandy today. 

727CC924-CE71-450F-8E41-9A849605DBCE.jpeg

• Heart 3

51 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My dad was born in 1915, he died when he was 83. I still really miss him.

Wow, that is going back. My parents born in 39.

My grands were 86, uncle is 87. Some say we have good genes but my mom's mom died at 51. Seemed old then but now, seems like a baby way too young to die. That is the bad strike against me. So most think I'll live to be mid 80's at least. Though that does not sound like much fun. ^_^

Both parents are 86 and living on their own.  Dad still walks a mile every day, Mom (in the summer ) still golf's three times a week, walking the front 9 holes and curls all winter, still throwing from the hack

Just last week she threw out the ceremonial first rock at the curling club bonspiel.  

If I did the link right you should be able to open it with facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4880989265279137&id=482728585105249

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 3

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Both parents are 86 and living on their own.  Dad still walks a mile every day, Mom (in the summer ) still golf's three times a week, walking the front 9 holes and curls all winter, still throwing from the hack

Just last week she threw out the ceremonial first rock at the curling club bonspiel.  

If I did the link right you should be able to open it with facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4880989265279137&id=482728585105249

Wait, the lady in purple is your Mom, 86????? :o

If so, wow that is amazing! She can move like that? Wow, I am impressed! :party:

My Mom has been whining and bitching about walking 10 steps to the car in the driveway since she was 30. :wacko:

• Heart 2