The Kestrel Build is complete.

Zipp2001

I had been on a search for this bike for a couple of years, but didn't like what I saw on internet selling sites. Then this summer I find this machine at a bike swap meet. The longest wait was the painter who is always booked out 10-16 weeks. So, while that was booked, I ordered parts which as we know right now are hard to get. By the time the bike came out from the painter I had my parts. I had spinergy rev-x wheels before and wasn't interested in keeping the ones that came with the bike. I sold them and used that money to by the spinergy wheels that are now on the bike. I've done a couple shake down rides and look forward to spinning out some long rides in the future.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 11/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Zipp2001 said:

I had been on a search for this bike for a couple of years, but didn't like what I saw on internet selling sites. Then this summer I find this machine at a bike swap meet. The longest wait was the painter who is always booked out 10-16 weeks. So, while that was booked, I ordered parts which as we know right now are hard to get. By the time the bike came out from the painter I had my parts. I had spinergy rev-x wheels before and wasn't interested in keeping the ones that came with the bike. I sold them and used that money to by the spinergy wheels that are now on the bike. I've done a couple shake down rides and look forward to spinning out some long rides in the future.

Cool!  Smart move on getting ahead of the ordering curve and having it all come together reasonably at the same time.  

I'm slowly stockpiling parts for a build next year, and the dates keep moving out on the few remaining bits.  A wild time in the world of supply chains and logistics!

• Heart 1

Ya the supply chain is crazy right now; thank goodness my painter is always booked way out. I'm looking forward to the bike swap meet next year, and hope to find a new project. I have a fun idea for a build if I can find the right bike. Hope you see your parts soon, and post the build when it's done next year.

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, Zipp2001 said:

Ya the supply chain is crazy right now; thank goodness my painter is always booked way out. I'm looking forward to the bike swap meet next year, and hope to find a new project. I have a fun idea for a build if I can find the right bike. Hope you see your parts soon, and post the build when it's done next year.

I gotta decide on a frame first, and then, the biggie, FIND the frame in stock (or available for order).  It is cray cray right now, but I am also wavering between Bike Type A and Bike Type B (and even Bike Type C), so I will keep looking and biding my time and grabbing stuff as it comes available.

• Heart 1