# of restaurants, cafes -sit in meal, food since mar.2020

shootingstar

Ok..how many different restaurants, cafes or food courts since covid restrictions, did  you sit down to eat  something?

For me, 7 different places, 1 of them at airport.  Except for 1 all of these places required vaccination proof.  The exception was when I was at airport just 2 months after lockdown started...the vaccination proof hadn't started nor was I / not many people yet vaccinated.  I had to eat something little at airport and I sat away. Very easy...hardly anyone was at airport at that time.

It was way easier to do it when it's warm and doors to restaurant are propped open to outdoors, for ventilation. Or sitting out on their patio.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

:lol: I doubt it.  You were home part of that time.

I have 123 Marriott nights in 2021 so far.  Another 10 planned before year end.  Then there are about 40 day trips where hotels were not needed and a handful of Sheraton nights. 

I had 72 Marriott nights in 2021.  I only eat 2 meals per day but going by the days away, 500 is pretty close. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have 123 Marriott nights in 2021 so far.  Another 10 planned before year end.  Then there are about 40 day trips where hotels were not needed and a handful of Sheraton nights. 

I had 72 Marriott nights in 2021.  I only eat 2 meals per day but going by the days away, 500 is pretty close. 

So you never ate in your hotel room???  

I correct myself I ate at 9 different places since covid started.  2 of those restaurant/cafe places were with dearie in vancovuer...for the last time. :( He and I knew we just had to pick carefully. I'm so glad that I did..

A few others locally with a close friend. She and I are double vaxxed, same employer and I trust her....because she needs to protect her 85 yr. mom.  She lost a sister during covid, though sister didn't die from covid.

There is a point of knowing your companion and how well they tried to isolate. At the time without vax, yes, there was a bit of risk.

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So you never ate in your hotel room???  

I correct myself I ate at 9 different places since covid started.  2 of those restaurant/cafe places were with dearie in vancovuer...for the last time. :( 

No, never in hotel rooms. In 2020, very few hotels had meal service at all. You had to go out.  Everyone was in mass panic back then.  2021 has been a year of easing back into normalcy, thank gawd!  Most places in the US don't do social distancing of tables and mask wearing is optional. 

I have no idea. Plenty. Never been to a place that required vaccination proof. We ate exclusively outdoors until both my wife and I were vaccinated. Now, we prefer outdoors if it’s an option, but have dined indoors in public  many times. We are still very mask-utilizing, but the popularity of that is dropping precipitously.

Does food stands at race tracks count?

I wouldn't have a clue because we don't keep track of number of miles or trips. We do eat most of the meals in the motorhome we were on the road for about 9 weeks and that's not counting the day trips or overnight motorcycle trips. 

If a place requires vaccination proof I will go spend my money somewhere else. 

• Sad 1

In the city where I live, bylaw requires restaurants to ask for vaccination proof if you want to sit down to eat. Proof comes from the govn't health authority. No other proof accepted now, that was in effect a few months ago.

I'm fine with that ..from day 1. Also  the restaurant workers mask up and they should for their own protection.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

No, never in hotel rooms. In 2020, very few hotels had meal service at all. You had to go out.  Everyone was in mass panic back then.  2021 has been a year of easing back into normalcy, thank gawd!  Most places in the US don't do social distancing of tables and mask wearing is optional. 

Some places here have the plastic barriers between tables. Not many. 

Going shopping ..doesn't what type of shopping, you are required to mask up in the city where I am.  I'm fine with that too.  Not everyone is vaxxed. I don't agree at all with anti-vaxxers harrassing  front line workers when non-masked folks, are asked to mask up.  

Some of our higher covid rates were in the rural areas.

The 3rd booster shot is available in our province for those over 75 or something like that and immuno-suppressed. Young children are still being dealt with re vaccinations in several provinces.

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

In the city where I live, bylaw required restaurants to ask for vaccination proof if you want to sit down to eat. Proof comes from the govn't health authority. No other proof accepted now.  I'm fine with that ..from day 1. Also  the restaurant workers mask up.

Wo46 and I are both vaccinated but I feel that if a business wants me to prove that I've been vaccinated I should have a right to ask if my waitress has had a Hepatitis shot.

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 and I are both vaccinated but I feel that if a business wants me to prove that I've been vaccinated I should have a right to ask if my waitress has had a Hepatitis shot.

Various employers in their job ads, tell applicants they would only be considered for job in short-list if they were vaxxed.... this is now my employer and alot of the major govn't employers in Canada require it now for new applicants and mandating existing  employees get vaxxed or they get suspended.

It's not hardship, vaccinations are no out of pocket costs.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

It's not hardship, vaccinations are no out of pocket costs.

I don't think many are avoiding vaccines due to cost.  The bigger battles are perceived loss of freedoms and lack of long term data on safety and efficacy.   Deaths per million from Covid vaccines runs about 22 whereas polio and small pox vaccines are under 1 per million. 

I am 100% against a two tier society and 100% against mandated vaccines.  People should govern their own actions knowing their own health risks.  But, we have been through that already here.  

• Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

I haven't  counted..at first it was all take out..then it was masks and limit seating..after the vaccine that kinda went out the window.

After last Saturday in a very full restaurant with little kids running around...and our Covid numbers just as high as this time last year...I am calling it quits for eating in restaurants for now...

A resident shared that ...it may be rumor..but....at the beauty shop they told her the place that got the covid shot a week before us..has Covid going crazy in their building :runcirclsmiley:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A lot...., but I traveled for work a lot.  Not "Wilbur"-lots, but still more than most.  More than 150.  For pleasure with my wife, we have maybe eaten in say 10 places.  We have been to a few more lately.  If I go to a place that is not checking the required vaccine passport here, I won't go back.

• Heart 1