Back to the pump track

Dirtyhip

You need a gopro so we can see this.  While I had the broken shoulder and was off work because of it I took my bike to Virginia and rode hundreds of miles exploring the Williamsburg area.  I didn't ride anything that I thought had a good chance of making me crash and re-injure my broken shoulder blade and collar bone.

Everything went really well.

Track conditions were hard pack and the loose spots have been healed with some rain and far less traffic.  The kids are back in school, and that really helps reduce the traffic on the dirt.   

I didn't go out and ride full speed.  It was hard to hold back on that kind of perfect dirt, but to be honest....I am a little scared of that one corner now.  It's going to take me some time to regain that confidence. I just focused on riding as clean as possible and focused on the method more than tricks and speed.  The boys were critiquing me on how I hold the bike and my position. They told me to stand up even more. I was riding slightly in a crouch.  That bike is so different than anything I have ever ridden. Trippy geometry fer sure.  The shoulder didn't hurt much at all, except when I went to lift the bike into the truck. OW!  Maybe,I shouldn't always try to muscle myself through life. Asking for help might be a better option.

Doug wasn't riding the track much last night. He was having more fun poking at the fire and digging dirt into a wheelbarrow.  I chuckled and realized you SW people are right. I am like a kid.  My friend is 5. We play in his backyard.  I ride a very small bike that looks like a kids bmx bike.   :D  

I'm glad you're using this time to focus on method. Every once in a while we need to step back and work on that. It's ok that you're nervous about the corner; Working on form for a while will help you get comfortable with the corner again.

If your shoulder is so sore it's affecting your sleep, then, ya, you probably should ask for help lifting your bike into the truck!   :rolleyes:    :D

Glad you're getting back at it. 

You need a gopro so we can see this.  While I had the broken shoulder and was off work because of it I took my bike to Virginia and rode hundreds of miles exploring the Williamsburg area.  I didn't ride anything that I thought had a good chance of making me crash and re-injure my broken shoulder blade and collar bone.

Why?  We've seen pics of her holding K's beer before.

• Heart 1