And now, the rest of the story.

donkpow

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Phone books are delivered by independent "contractors".  When they are delivered, you'll see piles of them along the roads. 

When I was younger, I had a pickup and delivered a batch once.  It was silly how many I had to do for 200 bucks or so.  I drove all over the place delivering each and every one of them.  I took my assignment seriously.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When I was younger, I had a pickup and delivered a batch once.  It was silly how many I had to do for 200 bucks or so.  I drove all over the place delivering each and every one of them.  I took my assignment seriously.

Were you supposed to give one to every house or only phone customers? That would make it more complicated. Back when we used to get phone books they would put them in plastic bags and hang them on the mail boxes. I noticed the Amish houses all got one.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Were you supposed to give one to every house or only phone customers? That would make it more complicated. Back when we used to get phone books they would put them in plastic bags and hang them on the mail boxes. I noticed the Amish houses all got one.

I had a list of addresses to deliver to.  This is way before cell phones, most people had landlines. 

• Awesome 1