Is it illegal to put garlic in chicken soup?

Randomguy

Cut up gives you more garlic flavor because:

a ) more surface area of garlic to interact with

b ) cutting up brings out the juice inside more

I didn't want to do that because I wanted to be able to pull out the garlic.  I like garlic, but it doesn't like me, I get reflux and heartburn when I eat it.  I figure I get some flavor and benefit of it if I use it this way.

• Heart 1

I didn't want to do that because I wanted to be able to pull out the garlic.  I like garlic, but it doesn't like me, I get reflux and heartburn when I eat it.  I figure I get some flavor and benefit of it if I use it this way.

That's a shame. Garlic is a wonderful food. I can see why you're willing to risk getting the flavor in even though it doesn't agree with you. :)

That's a shame. Garlic is a wonderful food. I can see why you're willing to risk getting the flavor in even though it doesn't agree with you. :)

The wife is the same way.  It works in my pasta sauce.

Anyway, the soup turned out terrifically, DH texted me what she does when she makes it.  I modified it with the garlic and the Cholula hot sauce I added, very nice!

• Heart 1

who the hell cuts up garlic?

Just mash it with the side of the knife.

Same thing. Or crush with a garlic crusher. Point is to increase juice and surface area.

I mostly said cutting because I have a cool little vegetable slicer that dices quite nicely that I use for that sometimes.

The wife is the same way.  It works in my pasta sauce.

Anyway, the soup turned out terrifically, DH texted me what she does when she makes it.  I modified it with the garlic and the Cholula hot sauce I added, very nice!

So you did read my text.  

You never replied to me, Ass!  You are a bad texter.

• Heart 1

So you did read my text.  

You never replied to me, Ass!  You are a bad texter.

I am a bad sexter, too, I only do the sex thing in person.

Anyway, of course I read your texts!!!  Your recipes are always the reference recipes, and I feel I am always in for something good if I make them.

KT, he often ignores me.  I don't text him anymore, because of it.   :whistle:

Look, I am generally pretty busy advising various prime ministers and heads of state, but I reply when I can.  Obama hasn't sought my help, and look at the mess we are in now!

You can sext me dirty pictures if you want. I'm sure my wife will love them (for a laugh).

If you want me to shock your wife, pm me her phone number and I will send a random dick pic.  She will wonder just who in the hell would do such a thing, see if she mentions it to you.

• Heart 1

If you want me to shock your wife, pm me her phone number and I will send a random dick pic.  She will wonder just who in the hell would do such a thing, see if she mentions it to you.

Hmmmm.....that sounds like a fun joke. I just might do that. :D

• Heart 1