Any a ya'all that are into climbing hills on bicycles

Further

1 minute ago, Further said:

Pittsburgh doesn't have clear lines between the safe and dangerous zones 

It was pretty clear what zone I was in, but luckily there were lots of skating fans walking from the arena when I was out, but I wouldn't have gone wandering on my own.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

It was pretty clear what zone I was in, but luckily there were lots of skating fans walking from the arena when I was out, but I wouldn't have gone wandering on my own.

I was taking my wife to a hospital in Pittsburgh and my gps wasn’t clear which right turn I was supposed to take at a five points intersection. I took the wrong one and it put me on liberty Avenue. I told my wife we’re ok, the hospital is on Liberty Avenue. We will just have 25 traffic lights to get there. She wanted me to pull over and figure out how to get back to the correct road. I pulled into a space (they allow street parking) and while I am looking at my gps she said never mind what I said, just drive. She didn’t like the looks of the street people. Lol I told her she didn’t have to worry about them in the morning, after dark maybe.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Further said:

They don't ride down.

Hmmm...   The first 3 seconds of the video I found had these people riding down.   

I'm not doing that....   Even If that didn't scare me... my old rim brakes would probably melt / overheat / fail, etc...  I would end badly for me.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Hmmm...   The first 3 seconds of the video I found had these people riding down.   

I'm not doing that....   Even If that didn't scare me... my old rim brakes would probably melt / overheat / fail, etc...  I would end badly for me.

Maybe with disk brakes, good disk brakes

12 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I ride in the second flattest state in the US.  

I'd NEVER be able to ride up those hills.    I'd be scared to ride down too...

Same here. WoJSTL and I rode bikes in Pittsburgh in June. Fortunately it was on the Great Allegheny Passage which is flat as can be there. When driving through Pittsburgh I remember how steep some of the hills were.