Lighter Jeep

Parsnip Totin Jack

In 1991, I wished I had a Jeep.  I had taken my dying-of-lung-cancer father, who was temporarily feeling good, on a 2-week trip to South Dakota-Wyoming-Montana which I had also visited the previous year.  We were in Custer State Park, south of Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, and I was determined to show Dad a large buffalo herd.  We couldn't find one.

There was a one-car-wide dirt road that cut through the several-mile-long asphalt oval road and we tried, in my 1987 Chevy Corsica, that dirt road to see if we could find the herd.  Wheels of previous vehicles had worn the road so there was a big hump in the middle and, trying to be careful, I still managed to run the car onto a hump in the middle of the road a half-mile in.  Very gently, I rocked the car until we were able to back out of the road.

I apologized to Dad about not finding the herd and we decided to exit out of the south end of Custer State Park to visit the Mammoth Site - where Mammoth and other fossilized bones had been discovered.  We turned a curve in the road to get to the south park exit and there they were: 100's of buffalo!  Someone was looking down on us and gave Dad the sight he was there to see!

1252197215_LouBuffalo2impr.thumb.JPG.bbe068f0bb224345400c653ab24849d5.JPG

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, this thread isn't about burning the Jeep for the insurance money????  Man, I was going to give you a thumbs up, but also recommend using better "coded" language.  

WTF? Jeep owners don’t burn Jeep’s for insurance money. They buy old Honda’s and burn them for the money that the Jeep needs for parts. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

WTF? Jeep owners don’t burn Jeep’s for insurance money. They buy old Honda’s and burn them for the money that the Jeep needs for parts. 

That does make sense! Supply (lots of older Hondas still out there worth some $$$) and demand (lots of Jeeps needing parts).  Like a "virtuous cycle"!

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Just for the record, no Hondas were burned in the building of Crusty. However, I did give my Honda CB900C to my nephew to make room in the garage for the Jeep, so technically a Honda was sacrificed for it. :whistle:

• Thank You 1