I've been exposed to..

JerrySTL

..strep. My oldest daughter tested positive for it this morning. We had our Thanksgiving celebration yesterday (Friday) and all the family was here. It's going to be interesting to find out who all catches it. We've all had our Covid shots including the twin 7 year-olds plus flu shots. Only the two 4 year-old grandsons haven't had the Covid and flu shots.

We usually celebrate holidays on a different day than the holiday itself. This started when WoJSTL worked every second holiday plus two of our kids in-laws all but demand that they show up at their places on the Holiday.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

4 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

We've all had our Covid shots including the twin 7 year-olds plus flu shots.

They are for a virus.    Strep is a bacterial infection.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/strep-throat/symptoms-causes/syc-20350338

It usually takes two to five days for someone exposed to group A strep to become ill.

It looks like you should know soon.:(

Prayers for you and your family...    you don't need this.  

18 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

..strep. My oldest daughter tested positive for it this morning. We had our Thanksgiving celebration yesterday (Friday) and all the family was here. It's going to be interesting to find out who all catches it. We've all had our Covid shots including the twin 7 year-olds plus flu shots. Only the two 4 year-old grandsons haven't had the Covid and flu shots.

We usually celebrate holidays on a different day than the holiday itself. This started when WoJSTL worked every second holiday plus two of our kids in-laws all but demand that they show up at their places on the Holiday.

We also often celebrate holidays on different days than the actual day. But my sister-in-law, Lori, announced at our Thanksgiving gathering that the extended-family Christmas celebration would be at her and my brother Tim's house and added, "This year, Christmas is on Saturday, so we're celebrating Christmas on Christmas Day."

We're not doing a "Secret Santa" this year, but we're doing the "White Elephant" game where everyone buys ONE gender and age neutral gift in the $25 - $50 range and we play the game where, the order based on dice rolls, people pick a gift or steal one from someone else who picked or stole a gift they like.

My nephew Ryan, the flight attendant, will get cash from me which is most useful to him now.  I have to call my brother today and ask him what I should get my other nephew, 13 year-old Adam.

• Heart 1

I tested Positive for strep. WoJSTL tested Negative but has more symptoms than I do. Therefore the Doc thinks it's a false negative. One of my grandsons and his mother also tested positive. My other daughter is feeling poorly and plans to be tested later today.

At least it's not Covid or the Clap.

• Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I tested Positive for strep. WoJSTL tested Negative but has more symptoms than I do. Therefore the Doc thinks it's a false negative. One of my grandsons and his mother also tested positive. My other daughter is feeling poorly and plans to be tested later today.

At least it's not Covid or the Clap.

I hope it doesn’t hit you & the missus too hard.  

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

I've been dealing with gout for a couple of decades. Not contagious but it might be hereditary as one of my daughter's have kidney stones and evidently they are somewhat related.

Quite a few members of my family have gout or had gout prior to their passing.    So it is either hereditary or infectious.  I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately.