When you were a kid, did you ever go to school with or know anyone who later became famous?

Road Runner

Not that I know of..., other than a guy I knew (and played with) that had a long major league baseball career.

There may be others, I have no idea. When going there I was in the largest high-school in the British Commonwealth (at the time) so I went to school with lots of people I did not know or even hear of

• Heart 2

26 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Mine was the kid I first met in the fourth grade that I mentioned in my Hanukkah thread.  He was the smartest kid in my class and most likely in every class he was ever in.  

He's not like celebrity-famous, but he did make it to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Solomon

Ok,  you trumped my Amy.  :)

• Hugs 1

Jim Dombrowski was on my little league team, and later as a teenager I had to play goalie against him. Incredible slap shot, but we beat them. He was a first round pick of the New Orleans Saints and started for them for most of his 11 year career. 

Also knew Marc Evan Jackson, an actor from my church.  Knew his brother and sister-in-law better as they were closer to my age. 108 IMDb credits. Regular guest on Brooklyn 99, and Parks and Recreation. Part of the main cast on the shy “The Good Place” with Ted Danson. Had a couple memorable ads. 

• Heart 3

There were a few NHL players that went through my high school. Rod Seiling for one, as well as his brother Ric. Rod was a few years before my time, his little brother a few years after.

Daryll Sittler was still there when I went, I think about three years ahead of me.

Dan Snider also went there, but a generation later. I knew his dad from school.

The most notable student to pass through was Malcolm Gladwell, but he was about 10 years after me. He lived about a mile and a half from our place, and my kid brother who is about Malcolm's age rode on the same bus. 

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

There were a few NHL players that went through my high school. Rod Seiling for one, as well as his brother Ric. Rod was a few years before my time, his little brother a few years after.

Daryll Sittler was still there when I went, I think about three years ahead of me.

The most notable student to pass through was Malcolm Gladwell, but he was about 10 years after me. He lived about a mile and a half from our place, and my kid brother who is about Malcolm's age rode on the same bus. 

I think there was  a guy who made it to the NHL from our high school also.

Sittler? Wow.

Yes, had read Gladwell  was from Waterloo County.

However, several kids in my class, went on to do well in other pursuits within their professions.  

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

When Ric Seiling was a rookie, probably 1977, he lived in the apartments where I had my paper route. His wife/girlfriend was smoking hot. He was my best tipper. 

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, 2Far said:

I went to school with a guy who has had a moderately successful acting career as a supporting player. 102 credits on imdb. 

I went to college at the same time as Suzie Schneider (later Bigelow, the guy she married). She had a HUGE voice, and I once put my head in her lap when we were both stoned at a party at my house.

Of all the people in the drama department at Maryland at that time, she's the only one who actually had a theater career in NYC.

index.php?id=swope_1133940&t=w

Actress Susan Bigelow in a scene from the Broadway musical "Into the Light." (New York)

•  
  • Heart 1

Just now, SamWithCheese said:

Nice try but too late. RR is about to Marked As Solved my Amy Grant.  :nodhead:

...I thought you'd be impressed by the diversity of my dating life.  You can't get much farther to the Right than the Buchanan's, both sister and brother. :)

She went on to be the person who signed American currency, as Treasurer of the United States, and ran a couple of her brother's insane runs for President. We only dated briefly though, because I was destined to be a free spirited hippie, and she was headed toward becoming a Mormon.  I can't picture it working out long term. :(

Appointed at the age of 32, Buchanan was the youngest person to serve as Treasurer of the United States.[4] She held that post from March 20, 1981, to July 5, 1983, after which she was appointed Chairwoman of the President's Commission on Women Business Owners