Can you do either?

Square Wheels

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

It's very awkward if I do it the other way.

I feel the same way about putting on jackets right arm first now that I’m accommodating this bum shoulder. But, doing routine things with the opposite hand/side is good for a healthy brain, so there’s that. 

In normal times, not an issue. Currently, getting better as no longer have to lift my left leg with my hands to position foot to put pants on. Easier if I do the left first, then the much more mobile right. Progressing now where can put socks on left foot from a seated position without assistance, but it is maximum stretch to touch toes if on floor.

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Tizeye said:

In normal times, not an issue. Currently, getting better as no longer have to lift my left leg with my hands to position foot to put pants on. Easier if I do the left first, then the much more mobile right. Progressing now where can put socks on left foot from a seated position without assistance, but it is maximum stretch to touch toes if on floor.

Did you get rid of some of the bandages and the drain?

18 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Put your pants on either leg, comfortably?

I can do it, but I never noticed I always do the left leg first.

It's very awkward if I do it the other way.

I almost always do the right leg first, but don't have trouble either way.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Did you get rid of some of the bandages and the drain?

Yes. Pump a couple weeks ago but kept bandages until stitches removed last Wednesday last week. Bandages were not getting soiled from drainage but kept on just for protection. The Wed appointment was a move up from Friday as "schedule conflict" i.e. taking Black Friday off. Saw the PA who was going to remove all stitches until we objected as recall doctor wanting the bolster to be delays to support healing reattachment of the layers. Stitches removed from the primary incision which was about 9 inches long. Friday, the stitches for the 12 bolsters should be removed...and after that I can go back to taking a shower!

Big questions will have Friday are 1) Walker continuation, 2) Driving, and 3) weight bearing restrictions on left leg. While don't plan aggressive exercise or long hikes, would be nice to walk into a store and other basic exercise.

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Big questions will have Friday are 1) Walker continuation, 2) Driving, and 3) weight bearing restrictions on left leg. While don't plan aggressive exercise or long hikes, would be nice to walk into a store and other basic exercise.

It sounds like you are healing well. Hopefully the doctor will remove those restrictions and just tell you not to overdo it. I’m sure you won’t after what you have been through you don’t want to mess it up.

45 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Research studies conducted at leading universities and funded by government grants have statistically proven that putting on pants with the right leg first increased the risk of a 'wardrobe malfunction' by approximately 152.67%.

But alternate studies have shown putting on your pants wrong leg first is even worse at 200% increase.

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Research studies conducted at leading universities and funded by government grants have statistically proven that putting on pants with the right leg first increased the risk of a 'wardrobe malfunction' by approximately 152.67%.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

But alternate studies have shown putting on your pants wrong leg first is even worse at 200% increase.

Ah, let's just have a wardrobe malfunction. Where's my camera.:D

• Haha 1