Rules for bike commuters

Dirtyhip

First I would like to say that I think riding to work is great.  I highly encourage this behavior.  

That being said, I think we need some rules.

1)  Do not prance around in your lycra kit for over an hour (makin copies, checking your mail, etc.)  You are in an office, not a velodrome.  

2)  If you are a sweaty person, please towel off in your office or bathroom.  Do NOT drip sweat all over the Secretary's desk, the copier or other office related furniture and equipment.

3)  Don't stand at the Secretary's desk seeking praise for every ride.  She is not impressed by your 1/2 mile endurance ride.

• Heart 2

First I would like to say that I think riding to work is great.  I highly encourage this behavior.  

That being said, I think we need some rules.

1)  Do not prance around in your lycra kit for over an hour (makin copies, checking your mail, etc.)  You are in an office, not a velodrome.  

2)  If you are a sweaty person, please towel off in your office or bathroom.  Do NOT drip sweat all over the Secretary's desk, the copier or other office related furniture and equipment.

3)  Don't stand at the Secretary's desk seeking praise for every ride.  She is not impressed by your 1/2 mile endurance ride.

4) Do not place unattractive personal parts upon the Secretary's (notice I capitalized it like DH did) desk. She is not impressed by your 1/2 a doodle.

;)

It sounds like you are not the only one that commutes to work where you work.  I was the only one where I work until a month ago when an alcoholic who as far as I know has never owned a car bought himself a Huffy.  He waited for me at the time clock to tell me all about it.  He rides it to work (two miles at most, mostly down hill) and after work he usually gets one of the guys with a pick up to haul him home.  I told him I saw a bike just like his in a movie and he got excited.  I told him which movie and he got mad.  (PeeWee's great adventure)