Blue Bayou - Linda Rondstat or Roy Orbison?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by dinneR,

I have 16 GB USB Flash Drive in my car with lots of mp3 music on it and I often listen to one of the Linda Ronstadt folders "LR Country-Standards-Latin," so I lean toward Linda, but I love Roy's earlier version, too.  On my laptop I have some Orbison mp3s and videos and love the video "Black and White Night" where he sings his hits with other artists backing him up, mainly Bruce Springsteen and Jackson Browne: they do Pretty Woman superbly!

image.thumb.png.55de135f913c70e5492a6df1bb54eddc.pngimage.png.37e87eaabe90ed018ada3ca756ce4153.png

I love them both. I don’t care to choose one over the other. However I have great admiration for how Roy’s voice held up over the years. This appearance on SNL was at the beginning of his renaissance in his last years. I couldn’t believe he hit the falsetto!

• Hugs 1

• 1 month later...

I have Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou (and dozens of her other songs) on a flash drive plugged into my car's audio system and play it while driving at least once a month.

I have Roy Orbison's A Black and White Night video on my laptop and, at least once a month, play Pretty Woman - with Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, et al.

But I have to give Blue Bayou to Linda.

This YouTube video attributes this to Linda's "Simple Dreams" album, but it actually from her concert at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1977 - I have the video for that complete concert on my laptop, too.

• Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I have Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou (and dozens of her other songs) on a flash drive plugged into my car's audio system and play it while driving at least once a month.

I have Roy Orbison's A Black and White Night video on my laptop and, at least once a month, play Pretty Woman - with Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, et al.

But I have to give Blue Bayou to Linda.

This YouTube video attributes this to Linda's "Simple Dreams" album, but it actually from her concert at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1977 - I have the video for that complete concert on my laptop, too.

I adore Linda. 

A friend of mine gave me a subscription to Paste magazine several years ago. Each issue came with a sampler CD of various artists. Near the end of the year, their tastes changed and I didn’t care for it as much and let the subscription lapse. My friend felt the same way. 
Some of the recordings were from obscure bands. Others were from well known artists. This was from Linda Ronstadt 

This gem was from Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint. 

• Awesome 1