Are You A Proud Owner?

Razors Edge

8 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I threw the rackets out over the summer,

WHAT!!!! :runcirclsmiley:  I hope you replaced them with newer ones.  It is amazing how light and accommodating newer rackets are than the one I have.  Still, I'm too cheap/lazy to get new ones. 

I may or may not have a tennis racket. I have always had one but I don’t remember ever playing tennis. I lived next to a park with tennis courts and thought it would be nice to play tennis. It was the old style, the newer ones are way bigger. The last time I used it was on a bat that was flying around our bedroom when we lived on the farm. Bats are really quick. I shut the bedroom door so the bat couldn’t fly into other parts of the house and grabbed my tennis racket from under the bed. My wife pulled the sheets up over her head. It was flying circles around the room and every time it came around I would swing at it and it would dodge the racket. Finally about the fifth time around I made contact, a line drive right onto the bed and it hit my wife in the head. She didn’t appreciate that but was glad I got rid of the bat.

• Haha 1

I have a small fleece blanket. 

The blanket is rather proud of itself, despite its rather plain coloring and the modest coverage it provides, but it counts these things as advantages rather than detriments.  It is more of a sit-on-the-couch blanket, you see.

RO has a small sloth-themed blanket that she likes a lot.  It fills the same role, but covers her entirely.  She asks for her blanket specifically when she is here, it is cute as hell, and was sent by super-cool forum folks!

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I have been under the weather the past few days and staying home.  On Tuesday I took a nap on the couch but the pillows were out of reach so folded up the new fleece blanket and used it as a pillow.  I awoke and noticed my head was much lower than when I started?!?!  I looked up and Jack had pulled the blanket out from under my head & curled up on it!  Little basturd!  

No tennis rackets, we chucked them years ago. 

• Haha 1

I am the proud owner of the lucky bracelet - the bracelet my Mom wore for our whole lives when we had a big event - a school test, a medical procedure or football games for her favorite team. I proudly wore the lucky bracelet to my nephew's wedding this year.

I have other things that are important or dear to me (the blue clock, the pink glasses  the spring fever green glasses) but I wouldn't really say I'm proud of them.

• Awesome 1

I am the proud owner of an anvil. I was moving an old lady after her husband passed away. She was moving in with her daughter. After I got everything out of the house that she wanted I asked about her anvil in the basement. She said I don’t have any use for an anvil, you can have it if you want it.

• Awesome 1
  • Confused 1
  • Envious 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

WHAT!!!! :runcirclsmiley:  I hope you replaced them with newer ones.  It is amazing how light and accommodating newer rackets are than the one I have.  Still, I'm too cheap/lazy to get new ones. 

We don’t play anymore.. no reason to get new ones. Over the last two years they were just collecting dust. Plus I decided that exercise is a waste of time :)

• Haha 1