I just invited Nate to come to the new forum

Randomguy

"How about that, a Random Baby. That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the invite, RG. I’m in the middle of some stuff at work right this minute, but I’ll stop in at the new forum soon. I still ride a good bit and I still like to wind people up, so I do appreciate the thought."   - Mystery Bigwood character

• Heart 2

well, I'm here...sharpen up those poking sticks, boys

I couldn't help notice that noob was curious about what I think abou tour new Pope.

I like him quite alot, actually.

sorry, that response probably didn't live up to all the hype, but there you go

so now that I have a login and can post to threads, I guess it's "c'ya productivity"!

• Awesome 1

I made fun of some gardeners and got banned.

What happened to your Bigwood?

made fun of gardeners? those suburban city slickers can't take a joke. If they're stupid enough to think you can grow a show tree, they really deserve to get what they have comming to them. But these days that's "bullying" I guess. We used to call it "busting balls" and it was all in good fun. I mean seriously, this is America. Busting on idiots is our national passtime.

and I thought I might try using my actual name for a little while. That, and I haven't figured out what I want to use for a pic yet.

• 6 years later...
7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I love Nate's rants. I exactly didn't appreciate his views but his rant style was no doubt a 10. It was art, man.

I feel that I and some others threw some excellent rants out from time to time, but just lacked those few percentage points to get to Nate-level.  He was the master.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I feel that I and some others threw some excellent rants out from time to time, but just lacked those few percentage points to get to Nate-level.  He was the master.

I was not that much a fan of his rants.  I preferred the reflective thoughtful Nate.  For rants, there is no beating John Belushi or Lewis Black. :D  Also Ron Glass was pretty good on Barney Miller.  His rant on the Rand Corporation was classic. :D

I had a couple of old cow-orkers who were rant masters, and I am no slouch myself. :D

27 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I was not that much a fan of his rants.  I preferred the reflective thoughtful Nate.  For rants, there is no beating John Belushi or Lewis Black. :D  Also Ron Glass was pretty good on Barney Miller.  His rant on the Rand Corporation was classic. :D

I had a couple of old cow-orkers who were rant masters, and I am no slouch myself. :D

Listen, Ralph, I liked his jazz music. :foryou:

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Rants are angry.  I don't like being angry or listening to angry people.

Sometimes a rant is getting things off your chest at the moment, but most often they are theater or satire or homage (like the one yesterday) that some people failed to understand even a little (or at all or didn't even bother to try :angry:).   At the same time, I have whooshed a few times when other people have also posted things out of character for sarcasm purposes without noticing until pointed out, so I can relate.  Lack of visual cues do make it harder on line.

At any rate, well-done rants are certainly an art form

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Sometimes a rant is getting things off your chest at the moment, but most often they are theater or satire or homage (like the one yesterday) that some people failed to understand even a little (or at all or didn't even bother to try :angry:).   At the same time, I have whooshed a few times when other people have also posted things out of character for sarcasm purposes without noticing until pointed out, so I can relate.  Lack of visual cues do make it harder on line.

At any rate, well-done rants are certainly an art form

Here's the thing.  I could go toe to toe with Nate in his rants (as most of us in here could -- it's the internet after all) but I learned long ago to let that stuff slide and appreciated it for what it was.  I liked him.  We never had any problems.  One simply must see through the rant to see the person.  And in that process, I appreciated the beauty of his rant.  Some of his rants were spot on -- while I thought some of them were bat shit crazy.  It didn't matter because from an entertainment perspective -- they were always good.

• Heart 1