Why don't we question every damn thing told to us by those in authority?

Randomguy

Got in a disagreement with the wife the other day because I was feeding an orange to RB.  She said it was bad to eat citrus when congested, I said that sounds like complete bs.  She said no, when she was a little kid, her  sister was told not to eat citrus by her doctor when she had bronchitis, that citrus made you more congested.  I said it sounded like the doctor was an asshole and a stupid one at that.  She stuck with it and said that it was known that you weren't supposed to eat citrus or dairy when you were sick because it made you more congested.

We took RB to the doctor today because it has been three weeks of sickness thus far, and I put it to the doctor.  The doctor said "No, that is totally false, both citrus and milk are fine and will not affect congestion".  I long suspected the "milk causes congestion" thing was bs too, simply no supporting evidence.

Add that to all the stupidity foisted on us in all areas of life, just like the cramps while swimming when having eaten within the last thirty minutes, all bullshit, all the time, and by people in positions of supposed authority.

It is unbelievable the sum total of this that we got the moment we became sentient, and was is more unbelievable is the amount of ignorance that sticks and is parroted by supposedly educated people in all walks of life.

Face it, much of what you know to be true is actually just bullshit.  Question every damn thing you hear that doesn't make sense, and keep questioning until it does.  If something cannot stand up to repeated questioning, it is not true.  If something does not make sense intuitively, then it probably isn't true.  Don't put up with it, don't spread ignorance.

Go get 'em, tiger, question stupidity today! 

Interesting...I still believed the milk one.

I always thought citrus was GOOD for a cold because of the vitaminc c. I know that citrus should not be taken with certain medications. There's a warning on Zicam...maybe it's Zinc that it shouldn't mix with. Maybe her doctor also put her on a medication that time when she was a kid and told her that because of the medication and she got confused.

Interesting...I still believed the milk one.

I always thought citrus was GOOD for a cold because of the vitaminc c. I know that citrus should not be taken with certain medications. There's a warning on Zicam...maybe it's Zinc that it shouldn't mix with. Maybe her doctor also put her on a medication that time when she was a kid and told her that because of the medication and she got confused.

Yeah, I know vitamin C to be good for illnesses, all intuitive-like, and citrus wraps that up in a healthy, tasty package.  It is counter to suggest otherwise, but the wife is from NJ, and we all know NJ to be a fountain of ignorance.  

The milk thing, just think about it...what magical qualities does it have that can affect the entire saliva-building process?  Nothing, nothing at all. 

How do you know this current Dr, is not wrong and the first one was right?  Just saying.  Actually, just asking?

The first doctor was practicing in NJ 40 years ago.  Plus, I had never heard citrus could cause congestion, that just seemed stupid to me.

Always ALWAYS question the supposed "authoritairians" on every little piece of drivel that flows from their pieholes.

Gawd....I really hate pompus knowitall assholes.

Guess I'm crabby today. Sorry.