Banking.

donkpow
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Swiss banks don't want you. Even my daughter, living there, as soon as they see an American passport...nope, other than basic checking. Chalk it up to the US Treasury aggressive reporting requirements after they pierced the veil of privacy laws. Don't even think about a joint account where one spouse is not a US citizen as the US Government requires reporting on their activity as well.

• Heart 1

I had a Swiss banking account back in the 1970s when inflation was really high. The exchange rate between the Swiss Franc and US$ was so bad that the Swiss started charging negative interest rates and I was still staying ahead of inflation. I had the equivalent of about $500 in it which was a lot for a poor airman back then.

• Heart 1

Just now, JerrySTL said:

I had a Swiss banking account back in the 1970s when inflation was really high. The exchange rate between the Swiss Franc and US$ was so bad that the Swiss started charging negative interest rates and I was still staying ahead of inflation. I had the equivalent of about $500 in it which was a lot for a poor airman back then.

Exchange rate now is basically parity that I don't even bother with the math, unlike the Euro and Sterling, although the dollar has weakened, 

.92 CHF = US$ 1.00

1 GBP =  US$ 1.32

1 EUR = US$ 1.13

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

A pizza shop on the down-low side of Dayton. With a good accountant you cold clear $50,000 a week, tax free. No trail like an offshore account or an attention whore like crypto currency. It’s clean money brah. 

carwash

Have an A1 day   :D

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1