I have become something I detest

goldendesign

Wield your snobbery well. You earned it. Congratulations, I hope this comes with some monetary rewards. One of my prior credit unions added the tax burden to the award so you received the full amount. E.g. $1,000 award became $1,250 so that after taxes you still had a $1,000 prize. 

• Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

My company has a year end award thing. Mostly fluff and plaques and all that comes with it. Two years ago, I won a departmental award as "Rookie of the Year". 

This year, I was nominated by 4 different department heads to be awarded the Circle of Excellence. There are differing designations but the top one is literally called the 1%. Of 18k+ employees US-side I am one of the 98 selected for the award.

I am now a top-tiered elitist. How much snobbery am I now allowed to give my lessers?

If you're a good boss you'll let them get by with a bow of the head and without having to kneel.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

My company has a year end award thing. Mostly fluff and plaques and all that comes with it. Two years ago, I won a departmental award as "Rookie of the Year". 

This year, I was nominated by 4 different department heads to be awarded the Circle of Excellence. There are differing designations but the top one is literally called the 1%. Of 18k+ employees US-side I am one of the 98 selected for the award.

I am now a top-tiered elitist. How much snobbery am I now allowed to give my lessers?

Not too much snobbery because the day will come where they are top dog. :)