Bears - Should we wipe them off the earth?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Further,

No eradication of bears, they serve a function in balancing woodland wildlife.

They became relatively rare in Maryland until the 1990's when they became a little too numerous and a bear hunting season was reinstated after decades of no bear hunting.  A 12 year-old girl got the first one, a Black Bear, in Western Maryland.

• Whatever 1

When camping/fishing in the eastern Sierra we came upon bears all the time.  Most bears are harmless and not out to hurt people.  My experience with them are slow ambling behemoths just looking to score some food from your campground. 

Now Grizzlies & Polar Bears are a different story…

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

When camping/fishing in the eastern Sierra we came upon bears all the time.  Most bears are harmless and not out to hurt people.  My experience with them are slow ambling behemoths just looking to score some food from your campground. 

Now Grizzlies & Polar Bears are a different story…

I have woken up to bear prints outside of my tent a number of times, but the little black bears.  Grizzlies seem like buttholes.

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have woken up to bear prints outside of my tent a number of times, but the little black bears.  Grizzlies seem like buttholes.

When my kids were little we would go on family camping trips with my sister & brother.  One night were all sleeping in our tent (wife was in a nearby hotel) and my daughter wakes me up. I hear a bear!!! I listen and sure enough I can hear rustling around in the camp area.  We then hear bam, Ow shit! 😂.

My son: Bears can cuss???

• Haha 4