I hate schools

Indy

They don't know how to deal with an overly intelligent, energetic, independent, extroverted 6 year old because he doesn't conform to the norm, so they basically want to put him in LD. WTF???

All the traits are good traits that will serve him well in the long run, and I thought we wanted people to be independent and intelligent.

His school is going to hate me.

• Heart 1

His school is going to hate me.

Give them bastards hell, Indy. DO NOT let them drug that boy.   WTF is worng with schools today...they can't keep the attention of a 6 year old...so they drug them? Seriously?

So glad my daughter is grown,,,but,,,she'll be facing her own challenges.

Luckily, I have good support. WoIndy's mother is a retired teacher, her sister is an elementary teacher and my sister is a teacher with over 20 years experience in LD/Special Ed. They are all fired up about it. Graham's teacher is in her 2nd year of teaching and they all think that is the problem, combined with the fact there's two kids in the class that don't speak English.

My sister has been advising us. She recommended that she comes down and goes to his parent/teacher conference with us, but just tell them we are bringing an Advocate with us which will freak them out. It did, they responded by suggesting we meet at a different time, which would be completely inconvient for anyone with an actual job. So they say they look forward to talking to her, but try to make it as difficult as possible.

I responded by telling them how asinine I thought it was to have a parrent/teacher conference and not allow enough time to discuss anything, especially when they are the one's indicating there are issues and we will just do what we can in the 15 minutes allotted.

15 min is not enough time to make a point unless you are packing.. These "people" already have their minds made up about the child. They do not listen to anything you will have to say.. Believe me, I have been fighting this for three years now.. I got tired of it and then we changed schools for him. It worked out in our favor by the classroom he was getting into had only 5 kids. The teacher has more one on one time with him.. He is fully main streamed and doing great!

I also found out that a school gets more funding with the more children they have in the LD classes.. I was one of those kids from second grade to graduation. I fully understand the hardships faced in this situation since I still am fighting them at a college level now.

If you need anything PM me and ill be happy to see if I can help out!

WTF is worng with schools today...?

Well, spelling mistakes are pretty high...   :whistle:

Htf do you have students in a class that DON'T SPEAK THE DAMN LANGUAGE???!!!   Do they somehow not realize that this bogs the entire system down and nobody learns at a decent pace?  Geez...

• Heart 1

Well, spelling mistakes are pretty high... :whistle:

Htf do you have students in a class that DON'T SPEAK THE DAMN LANGUAGE???!!! Do they somehow not realize that this bogs the entire system down and nobody learns at a decent pace? Geez...

Exactly, and it's my kid that's the issue. And the really scary part is this is supposed to be one of the top rated elementaries in the state.

This really makes me appreciate our schools.  We get much longer to meet, and with one of our sons, we meet with the principal, the counselor and his teacher to come up with ways to help him best perform in the classroom.

Both of our boys have some issues that make it harder for them to learn and the school district has really worked with on this.

Exactly, and it's my kid that's the issue. And the really scary part is this is supposed to be one of the top rated elementaries in the state.

"Yeah, class, lets just all just sit on our hands while we bring these assholes up to speed on frickin' ENGLISH, then we can maybe learn something."

Aren't there schools that teach English as a prerequisite to getting into the regular classes?