On my walk to the Hardware store yesterday

BR46
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This stuff never gets old...

We have a pair that are nesting in the area. 

Last month Wo46 and I were doing yard work while 2 eagles were circling over head. One day eating lunch there was a Eagle sitting in a tree out my window over looking the river. 

I love watching them 

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, BR46 said:

We have a pair that are nesting in the area. 

Last month Wo46 and I were doing yard work while 2 eagles were circling over head. One day eating lunch there was a Eagle sitting in a tree out my window over looking the river. 

I love watching them 

We have a nesting pair in some river bottom land about a mile from our house.  A large tract of land that Ted Nugent leases for hunting.  We have another nesting pair (and I've seen a few juveniles) just up the river here at the office.  They sometimes sit in the trees behind the office and scout the river. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The eagle does not have a fishing pole. Maybe you could make one for the eagle.

I visited Reed's Landing once in the spring. I saw about 50 eagles in the trees over the river. It blew my mind. It's where the Chippewa flows into the Mississippi river. The ice breaks up here first and the eagles return to feed.

• Heart 4

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

My local hardware store is a mile from me. I bike there.

We have a CO-OP hardware store about 1000 feet from my door but they have almost nothing for nuts and bolts. But if you want dog food, horse stuff or grass seed they have it 

• Heart 2

On 12/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, BR46 said:

We have a CO-OP hardware store about 1000 feet from my door but they have almost nothing for nuts and bolts. But if you want dog food, horse stuff or grass seed they have it 

Kinda like mine. I miss the true hardware store of yesteryear. There was one about 5 miles from me, but it closed :( Sometimes I need one bolt. Not a pack of 10 :wacko: our too crib at work is stocked like a hardware store...sometimes I've took a but or bolt :ph34r:

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, denniS said:

The eagle does not have a fishing pole. Maybe you could make one for the eagle.

I visited Reed's Landing once in the spring. I saw about 50 eagles in the trees over the river. It blew my mind. It's where the Chippewa flows into the Mississippi river. The ice breaks up here first and the eagles return to feed.

or a license I bet

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sure I have shared this here before but one of the coolest things I have seen was while float tubing in a lake in the Eastern Sierra (Mammoth Lakes).

I’m 1/2 fishing 1/2 just enjoying the view.  I see a Bald Eagle circling above & it swoops down & snatches a trout maybe 20 yards from me.  So freaking cool to see. 

• Heart 3

10 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Unfortunately, no.  I just can't seem to get the hang of steering it...

Capture.JPG.2dde3b85bc51c2816b691fd3bb30a2b7.JPG

Mine isn’t even self-propelled.  Reminds me of a story a friend told me. This was late 70s or early 80s. He was getting gas at a station in Lincoln on O Street which was the main way through the city back then. All of a sudden they hear a loud noise and all turned to see a guy with very long hair, wearing only cut off jeans and tennis shoes. He was running up the street with a running lawn mower engine on a wooden crate like box. He ran into the gas pumps, set the engine down and turned it off. He filled it. Ran in to pay then came out, started the engine and continued to run down the street! Everyone else at the gas station just stared at each other. 

• Heart 1

Bald eagles are fairly rare in Maryland.

When we did an Alaska Cruise some years ago, I made it a point to meet a distant cousin in Juneau I had found some years earlier through the internet.  My grandfather's three older brothers and a sister had gone to Alaska during the gold rush in 1896, stayed there, and as a result, there are lots of descendants in Juneau that share my last name.

She took us to the Mendenhall Glacier and said, "When we were kids and hooked school, we used to hang out over by those trees where the eagles are."

Bald Eagles!  She had no idea what a thrill that was for us!