I locked my keys in the car, but that's not the embarrassing part.

JerrySTL

I got out of my normal car shutdown sequence and locked the keys in my car. On the bright side, I left the driver's window down a couple of inches. Remembering the skills from my misspent youth, I got a clothes hanger and started to go to work.

Humm. Not as easy to unlock the door lever compared to the old pull-up locks like from cars of the 60s and 70s. I tried and tried and even attempted to reach the passenger's door with a broom handle. No joy.

So I called WoJSTL and asked her to bring the spare keys out to me after she got off of work. She made the appropriate comments to add to my shame.

A few minutes later I had to self-apply a dope-slap Ala Click and Clack = The Tappet Brothers. I took the bent clothes hanger back out to the car but instead of trying to force open the door latch, I just pressed down on the electric door lock switch.  :blush:  This took about 2 seconds to do.

I my defense, not too many cars of my youth had electric door locks or even electric windows.

• Heart 1

I like that this story has a happy ending.  Well, not a "happy ending", but a normal happy ending.  Without seamen, that is.

How do you know he didn't tell us the whole story of "excitement" after the lock popped open? 

OK, so getting back to the main point of your OP Jerry, you were embarrassed.  Being embarrassed means that your embarrassing deed was made know to others to the chagrin of yourself.  So, other than us fake internet friends, who else knew of your embarrassing actions.  And remember, we only know because you voluntary shared it with us.  The answer to the question is…….WoJerry.

Do you really think the your wife of 135 years does't already understand your actions.  Something tells me you have to do more that negligently fail to push the "PUSH HERE TO UNLOCK THE DOOR" button to cause her to be flummoxed by your actions.

And the rest of us,  we aren't real any way.  

OK, so getting back to the main point of your OP Jerry, you were embarrassed.  Being embarrassed means that your embarrassing deed was made know to others to the chagrin of yourself.  So, other than us fake internet friends, who else knew of your embarrassing actions.  And remember, we only know because you voluntary shared it with us.  The answer to the question is…….WoJerry.

Do you really think the your wife of 135 years does't already understand your actions.  Something tells me you have to do more that negligently fail to push the "PUSH HERE TO UNLOCK THE DOOR" button to cause her to be flummoxed by your actions.

And the rest of us,  we aren't real any way.  

135 years?  Wow, looking good, Jerry!

Are you a vampire?

I did the same thing in my jeep.  Keys locked in the car, top down and a rain storm on the way.  I tried and tried the old coat hanger thing but could not find the lock button.

Then a homeless guy hit me up for $5 and told me he could get in.

He just opened the door, reached in and grabbed my keys.

I totally forgot my Jeep did not have locking doors.  

Took me three blocks to catch the dude.  Those homeless guys are faster than they look.

I let him keep the $5.