Oct 8 Miles and Activities

az_cyclist

Did "gym class" today. Legs day yesterday. Surprisingly, legs were ok with gym class day after legs day. I think I did enough stretching and enough pre-, during, and postworkout supplementation so the legs are good today.

Gym class includes aerobic stuff. Treadmill (walk/jog), burpies, jumping jacks, abs (lying bicycle thing), stuff like that. Half an hour or so.

Of course all workout room events (gym class, working out, post cycling stretching) include skritchin' kitties. sigh....  :)

• Heart 3

Did "gym class" today. Legs day yesterday. Surprisingly, legs were ok with gym class day after legs day. I think I did enough stretching and enough pre-, during, and postworkout supplementation so the legs are good today.

Gym class includes aerobic stuff. Treadmill (walk/jog), burpies, jumping jacks, abs (lying bicycle thing), stuff like that. Half an hour or so.

Of course all workout room events (gym class, working out, post cycling stretching) include skritchin' kitties. sigh....  :)

Tomorrow will be a ride day! :2:   Hopefully the roads will be dry and I can ride my Domane for my lunchtime ride .  Going to modify the route too. 

I will hit the gym tomorrow after work for upper body and leg work.  If I do any gym leg work at all on Saturday (remember the club ride is in the morining so I have at least 62 miles on them) it is light

Tomorrow will be a ride day! :2:   Hopefully the roads will be dry and I can ride my Domane for my lunchtime ride .  Going to modify the route too. 

I will hit the gym tomorrow after work for upper body and leg work.  If I do any gym leg work at all on Saturday (remember the club ride is in the morining so I have at least 62 miles on them) it is light

Oh hell no! No cycling and legs day anywhere close to each other. Recovery is too important. That is recovery so I can enjoy my cycling! Ha!  

I'm hoping to do some knockin' around riding the next few days. Daughter is coming home, and she'll have her Specialized Vita (I'll ride my Sirrus). She's got a lot going on while she's here tho. That's ok; I just might blast off on the Roubaix while she rests up from hangin' out with all her friends while she's here.   :)

A ride on the Domane sounds good.

• Heart 1

Oh hell no! No cycling and legs day anywhere close to each other. Recovery is too important. That is recovery so I can enjoy my cycling! Ha!  

I'm hoping to do some knockin' around riding the next few days. Daughter is coming home, and she'll have her Specialized Vita (I'll ride my Sirrus). She's got a lot going on while she's here tho. That's ok; I just might blast off on the Roubaix while she rests up from hangin' out with all her friends while she's here.   :)

A ride on the Domane sounds good.

It was good.  but my legs were still sore from 2 days of running.   As for leg machines at the gym last night, I used lower weights for the leg curl machine (quads) and the seated leg press. By doing that my legs feel much better than if I had done nothing at all.  On days where I run or a 12 mile bike ride, I set the weight at 105 for leg curls (3 sets of 15 reps) and sets of 175, 295, 215 for the seated leg press ( sets of 15 reps).